Best charging point

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chevans

Post by Chevans »

Hi all,

Picking up T4 PHEV inscription tomorrow and very excited. Volvo are now offering £500 towards a charging point instead of one through New Motion as they have significant delays so thinking of taking the cash. Wanted to know if any one could recommend a charging point? Or is it worth waiting for New Motion? Thinking of getting a HIVE one as we already have a HIVE system in the house. Thanks

typolee

Post by typolee »

I’ve taken the cash as got to wait 5 months for the new motion one however got to wait a further 10 days for the money to be transferred by Volvo to myself and then I can book an install. Hive are good I think.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

3 months after I submitted my survey info I recently received an e-mail from NewMotion telling me it would take another 5 months (even though I had previously canceled via Volvo), so it will likely take more than 5 months for you. If you can get £500, take it. It will cost you some money in the end, but you will get it much quicker. I have installed an Andersen EV charger. It is expensive but it looks very nice and is very high quality. They were very responsive and helpful and professional. I have yet to use it since I am still waiting for my car, but my brother in law has one and is very happy with it.
bba

Post by bba »

In my view there is very little room for differentiation between 7 kW home chargers as the interface is so very simple leaving little room for features. What is possible is a nice appearance and an app for monitoring - only. Charge scheduling is best done in the car app. So I would go for price in this instance.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
EJJ92

Post by EJJ92 »

Chevans wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:07 am Hi all,

Picking up T4 PHEV inscription tomorrow and very excited. Volvo are now offering £500 towards a charging point instead of one through New Motion as they have significant delays so thinking of taking the cash. Wanted to know if any one could recommend a charging point? Or is it worth waiting for New Motion? Thinking of getting a HIVE one as we already have a HIVE system in the house. Thanks

Just curious how did you get this offer? I ordered a P8 in July and had the charge point offer but cancelled it last month when they told me it would be delayed. I have since ordered a Zappi with a local electrician. Might be wishful thinking on my behalf but would be nice if I could get that £500!
blaird03

Post by blaird03 »

Contact either your dealer or Volvo Uk customer services
Chevans

Post by Chevans »

EJJ92 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:53 pm
Chevans wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:07 am Hi all,

Just curious how did you get this offer? I ordered a P8 in July and had the charge point offer but cancelled it last month when they told me it would be delayed. I have since ordered a Zappi with a local electrician. Might be wishful thinking on my behalf but would be nice if I could get that £500!
I asked my dealer if it was possible and they said it was then gave me the details to complete and send to Volvo. So suggest you contact your dealer.