New to Volvo - help with climate and remote start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Heated door mirrors got me on day 1, I come from VW where they're turned on using the mirror left right switch. With Volvo they're tied into the rear screen switch. It's a pity actually, as you rarely need to heat the rear screen, but you need to heat the mirrors regularly to clear rain off. Not ECO at all. Could do with a soft switch just fir mirrors heat.

However LOVE the dimming door mirrors with the interior mirror at night when a car is behind you.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

louthompson

Post by louthompson »

Felindre wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:02 pm
However LOVE the dimming door mirrors with the interior mirror at night when a car is behind you.
I’m not sure I have this dimming? The R Design Pro certainly seems to be missing a load of features I would consider basic :( but I suppose it depends what you are used to owning… I naively thought (coming from Mitsubishi) that it would be fully loaded, but it’s completely my fault for not checking properly whether I needed extra “packs”. Mitsubishi had trim levels 1-4, and if you got a 4 you literally couldn’t throw anything extra on it! Definitely a lesson learned for the future…
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I think its common with cars made in the far East to have fixed levels of features as they have to be imported as is. European cars are often factory orders and can be specified more - and it's a way for dealers to sell up.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

louthompson wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:20 am
I’m not sure I have this dimming? The R Design Pro certainly seems to be missing a load of features I would consider basic :( but I suppose it depends what you are used to owning… I naively thought (coming from Mitsubishi) that it would be fully loaded, but it’s completely my fault for not checking properly whether I needed extra “packs”. Mitsubishi had trim levels 1-4, and if you got a 4 you literally couldn’t throw anything extra on it! Definitely a lesson learned for the future…
Serious question - did you not read the brochure before slapping down £40k?
hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

Apparently brochures were discontinued around May 2021. You just have price list now which is more like Crystal Maze than helpful.
XC40 R-design B4 FWD 7 speed. Ordered 14/10/21 Delivered 13/1/22
Pilot Assist, 360 deg cam, Panoramic roof etc.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Not so, I ordered mine in December last year from pretty much the same 'pricelist' which lists what is standard for each model (I just checked the current one) It states standard across the base model and above "auto dimming interior mirror".

There's no mention of dipping door mirrors, and checking back on my pricelist I can see it's part of the Driver Assist pack which isn't currently available in the present price list.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
gripross

Post by gripross »

Trickster wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:56 pm
louthompson wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:20 am
Serious question - did you not read the brochure before slapping down £40k?
I'm sure its in settings under "car" then down to "mirrors" and the settings are in there
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21