XC40 R Design B4P 7 SPEED

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ProMo-T3

Post by ProMo-T3 »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:41 am
ProMo-T3 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 pm Picked up my Inscription Pro B4 AWD MY22 today and can confirm it's got a 7 speed box. Also, has the reversing camera but not 360 or bliss. I knew that would be the case upon agreeing to buy it though. Hope this helps.
Reading the contradictory info given by dealers to several forum members, would it be possible please to reconfirm that your car has the DC7 box? The only way to be sure is to drive the car at speed and move the gear lever into manual to see the actual gear on the driver display. Shift gears manually upwards and see if it goes beyond 7, but be aware you’ll have to drive faster than 60 mph in order to switch to the 8th gear (if present). Thank you!

The reason I said it has a 7 speed is because that's what it states on the collection invoice but will pop it into manual mode the next time I'm on a 60 road and will report back
B4 Inscription Pro AWD in Glacier Silver with all extra packs 12th Oct 21
Previously had a T3 Momentum Pro in Ice White for 3 years with tinted rears and 19's

gripross

Post by gripross »

Much appreciated
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

I’ve just collected my car from the main dealers after it’s 3yr service. Spoke with the salesman who sold me my FE and he confirmed that the B4s currently being delivered to them have the 7spd DSG.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Thanks for taking the time to ask rifleman..,very much appreciated
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Rifleman wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:47 pm I’ve just collected my car from the main dealers after it’s 3yr service. Spoke with the salesman who sold me my FE and he confirmed that the B4s currently being delivered to them have the 7spd DSG.
Good to ask but I suspect it’s still a lottery. I guess if FrankwH had asked their dealer then they would have been told that 8-speeds are currently being delivered. It’s certainly nerve-wracking as my car is in transit now.
FrankwH

Post by FrankwH »

PlymDave wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:33 am FrankwH, are you pleased you have the 8 speed or not? I pick my B4 FWD R design up on Monday, it's at the dealer now, so I don't know what it will have or what I'd prefer it to have.
To be honest I wasn't particularly bothered which gearbox was fitted, Volvo must have their reasons for changing
to Dual clutch (probably cost related) :!: Its the first Auto box car I have owned since the eighties, although have
driven loads, never tried a DSG certainly .
I have driven a few i shift trucks found them brilliant and back in the day a few preselect gearbox cars!
I defiantly like the seamless changes of the 8speed, looking forward to getting a few miles of driving in the XC40
My son has. a VW transporter van with a DSG and my daughter in law drives a XC40 B4 Rdesign as he has driven
both must ask him for his thoughts.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:41 am Shift gears manually upwards and see if it goes beyond 7, but be aware you’ll have to drive faster than 60 mph in order to switch to the 8th gear (if present). Thank you!
...on my 8-speed, I can get all the way up through the gears at below 50mph (possibly unless accelerating).
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

So, I picked up my B4 FWD R design today. Ordered it on 3 July, arrived at dealership on 8 Oct (10 days ago). Salesman didn't know which gearbox it had so took it out, into manual and there are definitely 8 gears.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Picked my R Design Pro B4P Auto up yesterday…ordered mid July.. and was same here … salesman wasn’t sure what gearbox but I can confirm 8 speed. I love the extras on the “Pro” I thought active bending headlights sounded like a gimmick… but can honestly say already I can see why they were invented.. a true safety feature. I love the car so much that I decided to spend 5 hours on M1/M62 yesterday tea time as there was a serious accident and road was closed. Not how I wanted to spend my first day with new car… just hope whoever had accident is ok as helicopter ambulances was in attendance… other thing I noticed that’s must be a software update is that when leaving Leeds .., sat nav was flashing up an alternative route and you had to accept or reject it… I decided to reject as st this point had no idea of accident.. but wish I’d maybe accepted it..anyway glad I’ve got 8 speed… hope it helps some if you out ass it seems a lottery still as to which you get.

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Picking up my Volvo Subscription XC40 B4 AWD Inscription next Wednesday. Apparently it's only just landed on our shores so it'll be interesting to see which gearbox it has been fitted with. I shall report back next week!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.