XC40 R Design B4P 7 SPEED

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Steely456

Post by Steely456 »

Read this thread last night and thought I’d do some digging as I was expecting my R Design Pro to be delivered 4th November.

I rang the dealer and it actually arrived today and will be delivered next monday, asked him if it was 8speed or 7 speed and he has confirmed it’s 7 speed.

Ordered 22/07 hope this helps shed any light, I was surprised to only read this 7 speed query on here and not actually hear anything from Volvo!

Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Steely456 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:49 pm Read this thread last night and thought I’d do some digging as I was expecting my R Design Pro to be delivered 4th November.

I rang the dealer and it actually arrived today and will be delivered next monday, asked him if it was 8speed or 7 speed and he has confirmed it’s 7 speed.

Ordered 22/07 hope this helps shed any light, I was surprised to only read this 7 speed query on here and not actually hear anything from Volvo!
I think the whole situation is very confusing. One thing does occur to me though. How did you order you car? Is it a private purchase (so you'll own it outright) or a finance scheme where Volvo will still own it (so PCP, Lease or Care-by-Volvo).
gripross

Post by gripross »

mine is PCP ordered 14th July
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
gripross

Post by gripross »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:15 pm Picking up my Volvo Subscription XC40 B4 AWD Inscription next Wednesday. Apparently it's only just landed on our shores so it'll be interesting to see which gearbox it has been fitted with. I shall report back next week!
Be interesting to see what you get....it just seems so random looking at posts this last week or so
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
My car expected mid November it is a pcp finance deal but Volvo don’t own the car , the finance company own the car and will do until the last monthly payment and the ballon payment are made ,only then will ownership pass to you. My current car is a Volvo and the finance is through Santander, I read somewhere that Volvo were introducing their own finance but this is still in conjunction with Santander bank who will no doubt be paying the dealer for the balance on your. So to Volvo it’s probably a cash sale.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Steely456

Post by Steely456 »

Trickster wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:22 pm
Steely456 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:49 pm Read this thread last night and thought I’d do some digging as I was expecting my R Design Pro to be delivered 4th November.

I think the whole situation is very confusing. One thing does occur to me though. How did you order you car? Is it a private purchase (so you'll own it outright) or a finance scheme where Volvo will still own it (so PCP, Lease or Care-by-Volvo).
I’ve went with PCP also, through Santander
leisahirtz

Post by leisahirtz »

ALERT - fiberglass splinters are a real problem with the back parcel cover. Beware. I took my 2020 Inception XC40 in for service and was outright ignored in regard to this VERY PAINFUL problem. I am not alone. Check out these painful complaints viewtopic.php?t=1063

For a high-end car, I expected better. This will be my last Volvo, after owning many, because the service has been rude, discourteous and the lying simply dumbfounded me. I expected better from VOLVO.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Den48 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:30 pm Hi
My car expected mid November it is a pcp finance deal but Volvo don’t own the car , the finance company own the car and will do until the last monthly payment and the ballon payment are made ,only then will ownership pass to you. My current car is a Volvo and the finance is through Santander, I read somewhere that Volvo were introducing their own finance but this is still in conjunction with Santander bank who will no doubt be paying the dealer for the balance on your. So to Volvo it’s probably a cash sale.
Just checked my paperwork....i am on PCP finance through Volvo but it does show via Santander.

Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Den48 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:30 pm Hi
Yeah but I’m wondering if Volvo might think they have more license to mess with the spec when you’re not buying outright. I’m just theorising, we don’t really have enough data to know. It just seems random at the moment. I’ll be collecting my car tomorrow so another data point then.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

leisahirtz wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:51 pm ALERT - fiberglass splinters are a real problem with the back parcel cover. Beware. I took my 2020 Inception XC40 in for service and was outright ignored in regard to this VERY PAINFUL problem. I am not alone. Check out these painful complaints viewtopic.php?t=1063

For a high-end car, I expected better. This will be my last Volvo, after owning many, because the service has been rude, discourteous and the lying simply dumbfounded me. I expected better from VOLVO.
Why post that here? Just create a new post...
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21