XC40 R Design B4P 7 SPEED

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

Collected our car today. It is 7 speed. Went on 130 mile round trip to Dover, mainly on M20 with some rural. It is now showing 41mpg on E10 fuel. The gearbox is unbelievably smooth. Used the Pilot Assist as much as possible and very impressed. Pilot Assist struggled when driving into the setting sun as I guess the camera dynamic range could not cope. Once the sun had fully set it was again very reliable. First impression is that it a very nice car. There is no under bonnet insulation but it is super quiet at all speeds and smoother and quieter than the LR Discovery Sport that I traded in after five years from new.
XC40 R-design B4 FWD 7 speed. Ordered 14/10/21 Delivered 13/1/22
Pilot Assist, 360 deg cam, Panoramic roof etc.

Deleted User 3907

Post by Deleted User 3907 »

I have also got no under bonnet insulation but completely agree about how comfortable, quiet and generally nice to drive the car is. Even better in fact since I reduced the over inflated tyre pressures!
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Guys, aside from mine's 8 speed, we have the same cars. Completely agree on the low noise level driving.

When parked up mine is approx 3-4m from our living room window. We can hear it when we remote start it from inside the house. And it's a modern, well insulated, double-glazed property.

How do you find external engine noise when it's running?
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

PS, no under bonnet pad on mine.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Deleted User 3907

Post by Deleted User 3907 »

I can also hear my car starting from cold when its outside the house.

It does quieten a bit when the engine warms up but I if you stand near the vehicle when the engine is running it is louder than I expected.

Fortunately its nice and quiet inside the car!
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Richard_Hants wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:34 pm I can also hear my car starting from cold when its outside the house.

It does quieten a bit when the engine warms up but I if you stand near the vehicle when the engine is running it is louder than I expected.

Fortunately its nice and quiet inside the car!
Thanks Richard. Not just my car then. Good to know.
Mike. West Yorks.