Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

GeorgeF

Post by GeorgeF »

I ordered an Inscription in early May and have consistently seen increasing lead times since then with 'December/January as best guess' the latest. Hard to understand the large variances shown in these results and also why lead times for orders already in are getting longer. Surely increased demand should only be reflected in longer lead times at order stage unless Volvo are actually disorganised in terms of, for example, their supply of components?

GeorgeF

Post by GeorgeF »

Is anyone aware of any official comment from Volvo Head Office in explanation?
jtmac

Post by jtmac »

No.. Haven't heard officially from Volvo
Gloubiboulga

Post by Gloubiboulga »

From Belgium,
D3 Inscription Geartronic Crystal White Pearl,
Ordered January 19, 2018, first expected mid July, then mid September, then assembled on November 9th (delivery November 19th), then assembled on November 27th (delivery?), Then ???
Braine- l'Alleud (Near Brussel)
Order for XC40 D3 Geartronic Inscription Crystal White Pearl
Ordered January 17th. Finally delivered on December 1st.
I am happy.
Harv7722

Post by Harv7722 »

Ordered on 10th march at the time of ordering dealer said middle to end of july, no delays on the way, picking up my XC40 osmium grey T4 R-design Pro tomorrow morning 😁
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Just had a delivery date from my dealer for a Inscription Pro T4 ordered July 13th - Jan 2019 :(.

They did offer to cancel without loss but no chance. They did also try to say they would not be able to meet the offer at the time of purchase for the part ex on my V40 but a few strong words changed their minds.
Christoph99

Post by Christoph99 »

Gloubiboulga wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 pm From Belgium,
Ordered January 19, 2018, first expected mid July, then mid September, then assembled on November 9th (delivery November 19th), then assembled on November 27th (delivery?), Then ???
From Belgium, too - Tervuren
Which dealer did you order from Gloubi? I ordered same time as you with Volvo ACB Schaerbeek just after the January motor show (T4 R-Design, bursting blue, many options). Delivery estimate was first by end June now dealer won't even give me an estimate! I've asked him to chase the order with the factory and even e-mailed him letter sent out by Dutch dealers found here https://www.volvo-forum.nl/topic.php?t=77975&page=12 entry #343 but still no feedback... In fact he seems to have stopped returning calls, full stop. Really satisfactory customer experience. Is your dealer any better?
Christoph99

Post by Christoph99 »

Christoph99 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:57 pm
Gloubiboulga wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 pm From Belgium,
From Belgium, too - Tervuren
Which dealer did you order from Gloubi? I ordered same time as you with Volvo ACB Schaerbeek just after the January motor show (T4 R-Design, bursting blue, many options). Delivery estimate was first by end June now dealer won't even give me an estimate! I've asked him to chase the order with the factory and even e-mailed him letter sent out by Dutch dealers found here https://www.volvo-forum.nl/topic.php?t=77975&page=12 entry #343 but still no feedback... In fact he seems to have stopped returning calls, full stop. Really satisfactory customer experience. Is your dealer any better?

Amazing! Finally heard from my salesman. Belgian dealers hadn't heard about latest developments explained in the letter sent in the Netherlands. He's been in touch with Volvo Cars who say my xc40 will now arrive at dealership by mid-September. Good start to the weekend.
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Not happy.
Ordered in April 2018
Said delivery mid December 2018
Revised to 1st week October
Now being told the build week is November and possibly 12 weeks to deliver here from then.
That will make my order 10 months plus -- now thinking of cancelling order.
It is a contract hire vehicle.

EDIT PANIC OVER
Delivery confirmed as October '18 and maybe even a little sooner.
When they did the revision update on the order they altered the delivery date but didn't remove the old build date.
Good news.
Driving a Volvo XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD Geartronic in Pine Grey :D
cccaat

Post by cccaat »

Just ordered my Chrystal White T5 R design yesterday! Dealer showed me the screenshot of their 'Vista system' and it shows my car will be built in Dec and Delivery date is 7 Feb 2019. Can't wait! BTW I'm in Australia :)