Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I disagree. Driver assist is certainly still available. Supply might be limited but that’s a whole different thing. So delivering goods which are not as agreed is certainly within Volvo’s control. Rejecting the vehicle is certainly an option. However consumer law also gives the option that Volvo be asked to do what they were contracted to do. I am assuming the OP is buying there car though, leasing options may be different.

Here’s a similar case:

https://conversation.which.co.uk/motori ... placement/

Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Interesting point but isn’t the which article advising on a standard vehicle ie with no options added , that may be the difference, also I believe that a contract to buy any car is with the dealer and not with Volvo itself in this case. It’s a bit like if you buy a Samsung tv and you buy it from curry’s , your contract is with curry’s to supply the tv and not with Samsung.
Would be good to see a report regarding cars and optional extras.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

When I ordered mine in early June, version 2 of the pricelist was in force. The full Driver Assist package (including BLIS) was nominally available, but it could not be configured by the dealer. I am almost certain that the option without BLIS was not configurable at that time either. (It was on my original configuration, and the dealer informed me it was unavailable to order)

Various pricelists intervened before the current version 5b, and I don't have copies of any of those, but I suspect there was no Driver Assist package available for configuration for some of the interim period (until it was re-packaged/re-priced without BLIS included).

If the order were placed in that period, then it wouldn't be surprising that it wasn't present.

Nonetheless, it would appear that there has been, at best, a breakdown of communication, and I'd certainly want to see what had been priced into the order, and if necessary have the price adjusted accordingly.

The option of cancelling/reordering might or might not be attractive, depending on possible delivery date, and/or the criticality of the option.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

So after another chat with the dealer today, he finally agreed to send me all the data he can see. here is a summary...

Order created: 14-5-21
Dealer order date - 14-5-21
requested delivery date - ASAP
accepted delivery date - 16/11/21
order last amended - 16/10/21
accepted build date - 14/9/21
current planned build date - 29/10/21 (2143) (week)
planned factory complete date - 3/11/21
first promised date range - 20/9/21 - 30/9/21
current planned delivery range - 8/11/21 - 18/11/21
planned date range to SCSL - 29/10/21 - 8/11/21

So, IF and i mean IF the car is delivered as expected it will have been almost 6months to the day.

Car ordered T5 PHEV, winter pack, climate pack, parking pack....
typolee

Post by typolee »

Had another call from dealer. Delivery put back again ! Now saying early-mid November. I'm getting to the point now I don't believe a word they say. Its now the 21st October and IMO they should have some sort of firm delivery date at this late stage. Ordered T4 PHEV in Thunder Grey, rear camera and full leather. Not holding out much hope as to whether it will get delivered this year TBF
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

typolee wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:24 am Had another call from dealer. Delivery put back again ! Now saying early-mid November. I'm getting to the point now I don't believe a word they say. Its now the 21st October and IMO they should have some sort of firm delivery date at this late stage. Ordered T4 PHEV in Thunder Grey, rear camera and full leather. Not holding out much hope as to whether it will get delivered this year TBF
As you can see from my post above, im in the exact same ball park. mine is due to be built next week...but this is not guaranteed apparently.
typolee

Post by typolee »

Websta24 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:12 am
typolee wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:24 am Had another call from dealer. Delivery put back again ! Now saying early-mid November. I'm getting to the point now I don't believe a word they say. Its now the 21st October and IMO they should have some sort of firm delivery date at this late stage. Ordered T4 PHEV in Thunder Grey, rear camera and full leather. Not holding out much hope as to whether it will get delivered this year TBF
As you can see from my post above, im in the exact same ball park. mine is due to be built next week...but this is not guaranteed apparently.
Yep you sound exactly the same as me. Even looks like yours should be built on the same production run as mine by the looks of the dates.
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
I ordered my car a B4 fwd with park assist on 18th August with an estimated delivery of 15th December, have just heard from the Dealer car due there next week and I have arranged collection on 2nd November. 11 weeks from order to delivery.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I ordered my XC40 B4 Inscription AWD with pretty much every extra in the book on 24 September, picking up 27 October. Brand new unregistered car just in the country via Care by Volvo Subscription. Clearly they are stockpiling some high spec vehicles for their rental service.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
typolee

Post by typolee »

Looks like there is no issue with the B4s but there is with the recharge models which I am waiting on and it keeps getting pushed back. Presumably due to more chips required in the build