Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 494

Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
It could be that they are supplying more t3 engines for the recharge vehicles that also uses the 3 cylinder engine and the way they have butchered the derivative range down from 24 derivatives to 9 , excluding full electric, it appears to me that volvo are pushing the change from ice engine only to electric cars from mild hybrid to full electric asap.
Also, the t3 1.5 cylinder engine is being replaced by a B3 engine in some markets, wouldn’t surprise me if that happened here, the B3 is a de-tuned 2lt engine it’s a mild hybrid with 163bhp.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my

Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

If they want to swap my T3 for a B3, they’ll get no complaints from me. Personally, this is going to be my last combustion engine car before going full electric.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
Stable-Mabel

Post by Stable-Mabel »

Bocca70 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:44 pm A T3 being built gives me hope.
So the call finally came this evening from my Volvo dealer; my T3 auto is arriving tomorrow. Ordered back in early June, so a little over five months. I’m not around to collect it as away on hols but it’ll be waiting for me upon my return.
Hopefully this means that other folks who’ve ordered T3’s will see them start trickling through.

<<full leather, climate pack, park assist, sunroof, and CarPlay thingy>>
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Something to look forward to on your return. Photos please.
Spare wheel cover

Jaym1

Post by Jaym1 »

hotfrog wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:00 pm Just saying "Q1" seems a bit wide. I ordered on 14/10/21 and delivery date on the order was 1/3/22. My retailer says that he updates customers once per fortnight. He duly updated after two weeks and said that the factory uses two week slots for estimated delivery. My delivery has already moved to w3 or w4 of March 22. I was hoping that this would shorten with time. My next update is due 12/11/21.
Should add its a lease via Santander via a local dealer so I expect the comms are worse than if buying directly for example.
nablade1

Post by nablade1 »

Hi, I have kept an eye on this forum over the last few weeks but thought I would sign up this morning to share my experience. I ordered an Rdesign T3 manual back in August with an original delivery date of 5th November. Towards the end of September I contacted my dealer to add some additional spec and also to try and switch to the T3 Auto but was told the latter would push delivery back to January. I stuck with the manual rather than delay further as we also have an XC60 T6 on order which by then had also slipped to a March delivery date. The delivery date for the XC40 did slip to 'end of November' after adding some options but this wasn't the end of the world.

I was informed yesterday that delivery is now expected 'end of April' which is obviously a major disappointment and the reason given was that Volvo will undertake a final production run to mop up all remaining T3 manual gearbox orders but not until end of March at the earliest. I'm not sure how this aligns with other peoples experiences/recent communications from their dealer?

On the bright side it could allow some flexibility to change the order to an Auto transmission after all which could potentially even bring the delivery date forward slightly. Fingers crossed
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

I’m starting to wish I had 10 grand more, cancel my order, get more part exchange money for my current car and get a Polestar 2 instead. However, since I don’t have 10 grand more and I like changing gear, I will hold out. Maybe the latest March build date is a pipe dream.
Spare wheel cover

kayadelenium

Post by kayadelenium »

Stable-Mabel wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:05 am
Bocca70 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:44 pm A T3 being built gives me hope.
So the call finally came this evening from my Volvo dealer; my T3 auto is arriving tomorrow. Ordered back in early June, so a little over five months. I’m not around to collect it as away on hols but it’ll be waiting for me upon my return.
Hopefully this means that other folks who’ve ordered T3’s will see them start trickling through.

<<full leather, climate pack, park assist, sunroof, and CarPlay thingy>>
Hi,

I live in Greece and ordered my XC40 T3 Auto Inscription car 8th of June. Same as you. During my order process, my dealer called me and removed 1) BLIS - Blind Spot Information System, 2) Steer Assist, 3) Rear Collision Warning, 4) Cross Traffic Alert and 5) Park Assist Pilot & Park Assist.

Does your car have a park assist option? Moreover some poeple from other forums complain about automatic tailgate function is cancelled by Volvo without given any information. Is your tailgate with electric assistant or manual?
XC40 T3 Inscription MY22 | Ice White | Blond interior and Driftwood | Luxury Package, Greece
Lanzman

Post by Lanzman »

Ordered T3 Inscription Auto with some extras end of July, was told likely to be end of October/ beginning of November although paperwork showed end of November for delivery. Asked for update in Sept and was told all on track, again in October and told end of November, so went ahead and sold on my car, planning to use wife’s for few weeks. After contacting dealer again by email got a phone call late Friday to say not showing till mid to end of Jan. so now paying for a car that is obsolete on volvo model list before even built or delivered. Was assured it will be built to spec, but do have doubts, with so many models and options dropped. Am going to ring Volvo tomorrow to get some assurances (in writing) as dealer was not forthcoming. Anyone else had similar issues ?
hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

hotfrog wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:00 pm Just saying "Q1" seems a bit wide. I ordered on 14/10/21 and delivery date on the order was 1/3/22. My retailer says that he updates customers once per fortnight. He duly updated after two weeks and said that the factory uses two week slots for estimated delivery. My delivery has already moved to w3 or w4 of March 22. I was hoping that this would shorten with time. My next update is due 12/11/21.
Update: Retailer has advised today that delivery has now come forward to "end January 2022"
XC40 R-design B4 FWD 7 speed. Ordered 14/10/21 Delivered 13/1/22
Pilot Assist, 360 deg cam, Panoramic roof etc.