Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

ambidextrous wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:32 pm
ambidextrous wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:20 am at the start of September we were told Mid January the earliest for ours (T5 inscription pro), but were told last night it was now mid to end of november

obv it's not here yet....
Had an update of 'being built next week; on course for delivery on 21st November'. If it arrives then, it'll be 10 weeks from start to finish. Better than expected at the time.

now need to start arguing with NewMotion I think
Maybe our cars will be on the same boat!

ambidextrous

Post by ambidextrous »

qrt31 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:52 pm Maybe our cars will be on the same boat!
that probably depends on French fishermen!
Stable-Mabel

Post by Stable-Mabel »

I posted a few pages back about my ever increasing delivery date, but today finally the dealer called me to advise the car is now built and will be shipped ‘this week’.
Should be at the dealer on or before the 9th November. Great news indeed except that I will be away on holiday so not able to collect it. The salesman says he will keep it safe and warm for me until my return.
So just a little over five months from order to delivery, which with everything going on in the world I guess is not so dreadful. A little something to look forward to.

[T3 R Design. Sunroof, full leather, Climate Pack]
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

A T3 being built gives me hope.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
EJJ92

Post by EJJ92 »

qrt31 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:14 pm
EJJ92 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:37 am I have a pure electric on order via CbV. The app estimates December delivery. End of last week the order status changed to ‘Car delivery in progress’. Any ideas how long it typically takes from being built to being ready to collect? Optimistic it may be sooner than the estimate of December.
When did you order? I ordered in late June. At the time the web page seemed to indicate mine was ready to go very quickly, but then it was stuck there. The app then showed November. After I called CbV they told me that my car was due to be built the first two weeks in November, and I would probably then receive it in December, although they were not willing to be more specific. Then the app moved moved to January then March. Then I called and was told that the car would be delivered to the dealer in late February. A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail saying that the car would be delivered to the dealer on 23 November. Last week after I contacted CbV for an update, I received an e-mail saying 24 November or very close to it. Literally two minutes later I received another e-mail said that the car would be built the week of the 8th of November and that handover to me would be later in December. Apparently the last e-mail was to provide me with a worst case scenario. On the app my car is still showing March and Queued for production, so it appears you have cleared a major hurdle. It will still need to get to the UK from Ghent, and then they told me the dealer has up to two weeks to hand it over, which seems like a long time. So December is still possible - probably depends how soon they can get it over. Keep us up to date. Good luck!
I ordered in late July. Sounds like I’ve been lucky in having the order move relatively quickly!
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

EJJ92 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:30 pm
EJJ92 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:37 am I have a pure electric on order via CbV. The app estimates December delivery. End of last week the order status changed to ‘Car delivery in progress’. Any ideas how long it typically takes from being built to being ready to collect? Optimistic it may be sooner than the estimate of December.
When did you order? I ordered in late June. At the time the web page seemed to indicate mine was ready to go very quickly, but then it was stuck there. The app then showed November. After I called CbV they told me that my car was due to be built the first two weeks in November, and I would probably then receive it in December, although they were not willing to be more specific. Then the app moved moved to January then March. Then I called and was told that the car would be delivered to the dealer in late February. A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail saying that the car would be delivered to the dealer on 23 November. Last week after I contacted CbV for an update, I received an e-mail saying 24 November or very close to it. Literally two minutes later I received another e-mail said that the car would be built the week of the 8th of November and that handover to me would be later in December. Apparently the last e-mail was to provide me with a worst case scenario. On the app my car is still showing March and Queued for production, so it appears you have cleared a major hurdle. It will still need to get to the UK from Ghent, and then they told me the dealer has up to two weeks to hand it over, which seems like a long time. So December is still possible - probably depends how soon they can get it over. Keep us up to date. Good luck!
I ordered in late July. Sounds like I’ve been lucky in having the order move relatively quickly!
What level did you order? I ordered Pro. Did the app ever indicate a much longer delivery timeframe?
EJJ92

Post by EJJ92 »

qrt31 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:06 am
EJJ92 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:30 pm

What level did you order? I ordered Pro. Did the app ever indicate a much longer delivery timeframe?
I ordered the plus so maybe that’s why. The app has always said December, hasn’t changed at all.

Edit: Further update, just received an email informing me of my cars registration and what documents I need at handover.
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Well, my 21st January date is now 8th March. I guess I will be getting the new 22 reg and possibly the MY23 version of the car? I wonder if it’s the manual gearbox that’s the holdup?
Spare wheel cover

Soey

Post by Soey »

That's a shame Bocca70, my dealer told me last week mine had been moved to early Feb 2022, concerned whether I'll actually get what I ordered after the model change news earlier this week.
Ordered end of June 2021
Inscription T3 Onyx black auto
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Soey - Me too. What was your order date? 28th June for me.
Spare wheel cover