Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

nablade1

Post by nablade1 »

We were notified yesterday that our XC40 B4 AWD Rdesign and XC60 T6 Rdesign (both in Thunder Grey) are in the country and being prepared for delivery next week. Pure coincidence as they are coming via different dealers and have both suffered their own build setbacks. The XC40 was originally ordered in August but a drivetrain change resulted in a fresh order early November while the XC60 has been on order since September. Hopefully they will both be handed over to us next week.

It's been a long wait but we have that buzz of excitement back after a lot of dissapointment, setbacks and uncertainty.

LAS89

Post by LAS89 »

Order went to Volvo through work lease for a recharge twin ultimate and I was given a September delivery to update when Volvo start production in May.

Just received an email from our leasing company estimating a 20th December delivery! Although it states Volvo haven't confirmed yet, I'm hoping it's no where near that long!
Sipikaj

Post by Sipikaj »

So just off the phone with care by volvo.

Ordered XC40 Recharge Ultimate in December.

They are removing the Pixel Headlights from my vehicle to fufil the order. £50 voucher given, no reduction in subscription cost which doesn't suprise me.

Vehicle due in Port 14th October so more like 11 months than the 9 originally stated.
MrRilo

Post by MrRilo »

Collected my T3 Momentum last week, 7 months from order. What has been everybodys experience with updates from dealers, not impressed with mine (UK). Was promised I would get regular updates, right up to build, but these were few and far between.

Hadn't heard anything for a while so rang as the estimated build date was getting closer. He checked and said 'oh, its been built and is on its way'. This left me with a rush to get my private plates off and the v5 back.

Had to chase the dealer for the finance documentation several times, I eventually received it at 5pm the night before collection

This took the shine off the experience, instead of looking forward to collection, i was just getting annoyed. Bought new cars before but the experience with Volvo has been by far the worst.
T3 Manual
MY22 Momentum
KP5

Post by KP5 »

KP5 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:56 am Ordered January 2022 via NHS Lease Scheme with Delivery stated as 01/08/22 @ Dealership which works out just under 7mnths - went for base spec (Core) for the recharge single motor. Hoping I won’t see significant delays - went for the Electric XC40 due to the BIK, which made sense for the cheaper monthly payments (plus the savings vs current diesel car). This will be my first Volvo - very excited!
Scratch that - back to my original time frame!
Last edited by KP5 on Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered January 2022;
XC40 Recharge Core Electric 170kW - Black Stone
jmw

Post by jmw »

Ordered XC40 Recharge twin Ultimate 30th December.

As commented above, told they are removing the Pixel Headlights.

Cbv emailed today with a build date of 6/9/22.
2023 XC40 Recharge Twin Ultimate
JoseDB

Post by JoseDB »

Ordered 29th Jan, expected Nov.

Another who was told today Pixel headlights are being removed :cry:
MY23 XC40 Recharge Ultimate Twin (On Order)
Crystal White
Charcoal Suede/Microtech interior
Tow Bar
Vellore

Post by Vellore »

More of a furtive lurker than poster, so this may be my only post,

Car was ordered on the 26th of November last year, delivery may '22. It's a B4 awd.
Updates by the dealer on the 5th February and 4th April with the same date.
On the 11th May it was build complete awaiting delivery.
Dealer phoned that without notice it had been delivered today , pick it up on Friday . Six months almost to the day .
So my experience hasn't been too bad.
23Paynter

Post by 23Paynter »

Interesting to hear removal of the pixel lights.

I have a C40 Ultimate on order - ordered 4th march and given an expected delivery date of mid august.

No updates other than a note to say it’s still scheduled for delivery mid aug but no mention of changes, or anything.

This is through Lex as it’s a company car so guess I’ll just have to wait and see. Good news is i was one of the first orders when the c40 appeared on our portal but i have no idea how order allocation works or whether Volvo have a corporate sales direct arm or via dealer network
adokar

Post by adokar »

Hi everyone,

These days Im going to order my new Volvo XC40 B4 AWD (Silver Dawn Metalic) and Im so excited.
It was between this one and Audi Q3. Hope and think I made the right choice.

Hope it´s not more then 90 days before delivery. What do you think?

PS: What is MY23? I never owned a Volvo before.

Thanks!