Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 494

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Steering wheel would be on the wrong side....
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

Trickster

Post by Trickster »

qrt31 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:28 pm Was nosing around the Volvo US website. An order for a XC40 Twin Pro (Ultimate in US parlance) placed with a dealer where I used to live would be delivered to the dealer within 10 days of order processing! Trying to figure out how it can be so quick in the US but take 5-10 months in the UK. Maybe they are not as popular - perhaps everybody is going for Telsa and Mach-E. If so, perhaps they should move more over here to where they are in demand...
That seems pretty fishy if it’s like-for-like. Volvo will be losing orders now with extended delivery times so it’s not in their interests to deliver in days to the US and months to Europe. Is it possible that the dealer car was simply one already in their system?
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Trickster wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:44 pm
qrt31 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:28 pm Was nosing around the Volvo US website. An order for a XC40 Twin Pro (Ultimate in US parlance) placed with a dealer where I used to live would be delivered to the dealer within 10 days of order processing! Trying to figure out how it can be so quick in the US but take 5-10 months in the UK. Maybe they are not as popular - perhaps everybody is going for Telsa and Mach-E. If so, perhaps they should move more over here to where they are in demand...
That seems pretty fishy if it’s like-for-like. Volvo will be losing orders now with extended delivery times so it’s not in their interests to deliver in days to the US and months to Europe. Is it possible that the dealer car was simply one already in their system?
Yes, obviously not factory order, but will be somewhere in the US. But given there aren't really any options beyond color for most orders, it's possible there are a bunch somewhere in the country. It hasn't been on sale for as long as the UK. And I suppose maybe they have been coming from China rather than Ghent. Who knows.
Db1000

Post by Db1000 »

Ordered T3 Inscription with Driver Assist, 360 Camera, Versatility pack and some other things in early April 2021. After various delays I’m told that it should arrive by end of October 2021. However just been told with no prior warning that Driver Assist hasn’t been included in the final build. All very disappointing. Been given option to cancel and trying to decide what to do. The car industry is a bit of a mess atm!
typolee

Post by typolee »

Db1000 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:11 am Ordered T3 Inscription with Driver Assist, 360 Camera, Versatility pack and some other things in early April 2021. After various delays I’m told that it should arrive by end of October 2021. However just been told with no prior warning that Driver Assist hasn’t been included in the final build. All very disappointing. Been given option to cancel and trying to decide what to do. The car industry is a bit of a mess atm!
Your lucky to get the 360 camera tbh. I'm expecting delivery of my T4 end of oct apparently its been built? Just glad to bag 10k out of my XC90 which is just unbelievable. I can use the 10k for other things and still end up with a very economical XC40. Not really that fussed about options. I only ordered full leather and rear camera. Guess its how about all the options are to you and are they really needed
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Db1000 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:11 am Ordered T3 Inscription with Driver Assist, 360 Camera, Versatility pack and some other things in early April 2021. After various delays I’m told that it should arrive by end of October 2021. However just been told with no prior warning that Driver Assist hasn’t been included in the final build. All very disappointing. Been given option to cancel and trying to decide what to do. The car industry is a bit of a mess atm!
That seems crazy. Surely you had a contract with Volvo to build a car to the spec you ordered. Your only options shouldn't be to either accept their mistake or cancel the contract. Have you asked them for their proposal of how they will correct their mistake?
typolee

Post by typolee »

Trickster wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:52 am
That seems crazy. Surely you had a contract with Volvo to build a car to the spec you ordered. Your only options shouldn't be to either accept their mistake or cancel the contract. Have you asked them for their proposal of how they will correct their mistake?
Most people on here say they were informed that the 360 camera and other omitted options would not be in their build due to the semi conductor shortage across the entire auto industry. So yes if the dealer never informed you that these options would not be included then you more than entitled to cancel.
FrankwH

Post by FrankwH »

I must consider myself fortunate! I ordered my B4 Momentum on 7th July, delivered 15th October with all specified extras
including 360 Camera. I was kept informed by dealer at various stages during process.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

typolee wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:41 am
Trickster wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:52 am
Most people on here say they were informed that the 360 camera and other omitted options would not be in their build due to the semi conductor shortage across the entire auto industry. So yes if the dealer never informed you that these options would not be included then you more than entitled to cancel.
Driver assist is certainly still available - that's pilot assist and adaptive cruise control. If Volvo took the OP's order for a car with driver assist then the OP has a perfect expectation that it will be there. If I order a 3-bedroom house to be built and then find there are only 2-bedrooms then I'd expect the builder to put the situation right. Especially if they had 3-bedroomed houses to give me.

The OP's only options in this case are definitely not to just put up with it or cancel the order.
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi everyone

FORCE MAJEURE
The Seller shall not be liable to the Purchaser or be deemed to be in breach of the contract for reason of any delay in
performing or any failure to perform, any of the Seller's obligations in respect of the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Seller's reasonable control.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond the
Seller's reasonable control:
a. act of god, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident;
b. war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition;
c. acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority;
d. import or export regulations or embargoes;
e. strikes, lockouts or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of the Seller or of a third party);
f. difficulties in obtaining Goods, raw materials, labour fuel, parts of machinery;
g. power failure or breakdown of machinery.

This is an extract from my terms and conditions for my vehicle order that is being delivered as ordered mainly because I only included the park assist pack.
Item F more or less gets the dealer of the hook.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my