Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Indeed you would, and possibly longer. I don't think your dealer has been honest with you. If I remember correctly, my car was with the dealer 6 days after it left the factory. To be told it is being shipped and then that you can't get it until 16th doesn't hold water...
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior

4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

I agree, something doesn't sound right (I ordered a XC40 T5 inscription pro onyx black with blonde interior). I recall going into Volvo on the Saturday 15th and gong through the order form. I had forgotten my wallet and was unable to put down the deposit until Monday, and the sales guy did say it wont have made a difference as their system was down on the Saturday and wouldn't have been able to put it through. It now makes me think they didn't have any build slots available at that time and put through lot later.

I see on the main Volvo configurator they are not showing the T5 engine option at the moment? could it be a parts delay for the T5?

Volvo UK said they would get the contact the dealer to contact me today but so far no call. I will be on the phone to them tomorrow morning and will keep updated on here to help anyone else that may be in the same boat as me.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Strange that the T5 seems to have gone missing. I understood the T4 was just a detuned T5.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
copian2004

Post by copian2004 »

Ordered 19/8/21
Delivery expected 25/10/21 - early Nov
R design
Climate pack & parking camera.
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

copian2004 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:15 pm Ordered 19/8/21
Delivery expected 25/10/21 - early Nov
R design
Climate pack & parking camera.
That’s really quick and with extras. Is it all down to dealers having slots allocated, I wonder.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Ordered a B4 R-Design with park assist only on 18/08/21, ordered the car online and the dealer had estimated the delivery at 15thDecember, dealer stated that he would hear from the factory in a few days. The dealer emailed me a a couple of days later to confirm that the factory had given a date of late November, early December to the dealer so I imagine that the dealer had slotted the order into a build slot that was confirmed by the factory.

But you never know these days, I did have a part ex figure on my current car for November/ December and looking at their t&c they are obliged to honour this figure for a further month or until the 15th January 2022 so I think I should be ok.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

4ksantorini wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:09 pm
I see on the main Volvo configurator they are not showing the T5 engine option at the moment? could it be a parts delay for the T5?

T5 option is still there in the configurator.

7C7C5287-DA2C-41BB-8F8B-1483A9F7D1B3.jpeg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

pjm007 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:36 am
4ksantorini wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:09 pm

T5 option is still there in the configurator.
Strange wasnt showing past week or so on the website but now is.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

4ksantorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:05 am

The whole ordering process seems very volatile right now, and it looks like nothing can be relied upon. As many others have observed, a potential buyer needs to be totally focused on every detail, and must firmly hold the dealer (or other sales entity) to specific configuration details, dates, promises etc. "Caveat emptor" has never been more apt.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

pjm007 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:26 pm
4ksantorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:05 am

The whole ordering process seems very volatile right now, and it looks like nothing can be relied upon. As many others have observed, a potential buyer needs to be totally focused on every detail, and must firmly hold the dealer (or other sales entity) to specific configuration details, dates, promises etc. "Caveat emptor" has never been more apt.
Fully agree with this !

Further update -

Contacted the dealer today about whether a loan car can be provided. They said they have none available and even their staff dont have company cars as they are loaned out *smell a bit of BS...

Top it off the sales manager said my car was not even in production :shock: the system was showing for it to go into production between 8 - 18 September :x I am glad my other half rang instead of me as I would have hit the roof.

Needless to say a long email has been sent to volvo uk and I am going to follow it up with a phone call first thing. Explanation required for why I was told it was being shipped 27 august and then told it would be delivered latest 15th sep to now being told production between 8-18th September. I have even offered to make a small contribution to a car loan, if that fails then I will hire one and pursue the costs through small claims.

I am severely disappointed with this dealer, I appreciate some things are out of their hands but when they cant give accurate details this is not on! Had this been any other time where I can order from another dealer without the long wait I would have done so but cant risk being without a car for another 2+months.

Will keep this thread updated.