Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

Trickster

Post by Trickster »

hotfrog wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:12 pm Ordered B4 today. Delivery quoted as March 2022 with high confidence.
And a car salesman never lies! :D

typolee

Post by typolee »

Seems the t3 engine xc40s are taking longer to be delivered?
Chevans

Post by Chevans »

Ordered T4 PHEV Inscription 2nd September and I'm picking it up next Saturday.

Very lucky, must have had a cancelled order.
lous21

Post by lous21 »

Chevans wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:13 am Ordered T4 PHEV Inscription 2nd September and I'm picking it up next Saturday.

Very lucky, must have had a cancelled order.
You must have been very lucky! Same as I've ordered in June! Enjoy 😊 hopefully I'll have mine in 2 weeks!
Stable-Mabel

Post by Stable-Mabel »

Bocca70 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:03 pm My order was a week after yours and is now end of January so don’t hold your breath.
so ...just had the weekly update phone call from my dealer, and I quote .. 'it is mildly positive news in so much as the delivery date has remained the same - November 9th.' So this is the first week where there has been no further slippage. Still not holding my breath or crossing my fingers.

I did ask him how he would feel if given the delay I 'walked away' from the purchase and asked for my deposit back. His reply was along the lines of 'I completely understand and if that's what you want to do then just let me know.' Seems they wouldn't really be that bothered if I did walk away, knowing they could sell it five times over, and probably for more money than I have paid. As I will effectively be car-less on November 1st I asked was there any type of loan car they could provide until mine arrives; no was the reply, absolutely nothing. As a generally impatient person, it seems I am improving somewhat on that front.
Jaym1

Post by Jaym1 »

Jaym1 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:45 pm
typolee wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:59 am
Jaym1 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:16 pm This has all been helpful to monitor and I did feel hopeful about my lease order of a T5 R Design plus rear camera via Santander, but they told me today to expect it Feb 22. :roll:
When did you actually order it?
Sorry for late reply. Beginning August but dealer said the factory was in shutdown at the time so it was probably placed by the dealer one or two weeks later say late August.

Also correction it’s a R design flat black b4 with rear cam. Last update “February” from Santander. I also think leases may longer as a lower priority for dealers too as I assume the aren’t making anything much on them, just acting as handover.
Chased my lease order yesterday with Santander and they are now quoting me “Q1” 2022.
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Stable Mabel - I have a lot of patience, especially as I feel I am moving up from a SEAT Ateca and will be glad for the change. However, I now will have to service and tax my car which I was hoping to avoid. At least my car is privately owned. Good luck with your date.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
typolee

Post by typolee »

Stable-Mabel wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:31 pm
Bocca70 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:03 pm My order was a week after yours and is now end of January so don’t hold your breath.
so ...just had the weekly update phone call from my dealer, and I quote .. 'it is mildly positive news in so much as the delivery date has remained the same - November 9th.' So this is the first week where there has been no further slippage. Still not holding my breath or crossing my fingers.

I did ask him how he would feel if given the delay I 'walked away' from the purchase and asked for my deposit back. His reply was along the lines of 'I completely understand and if that's what you want to do then just let me know.' Seems they wouldn't really be that bothered if I did walk away, knowing they could sell it five times over, and probably for more money than I have paid. As I will effectively be car-less on November 1st I asked was there any type of loan car they could provide until mine arrives; no was the reply, absolutely nothing. As a generally impatient person, it seems I am improving somewhat on that front.
My delivery date quoted is 26th October - 9th November but I’ve been told my car is built so presume now it’s just transporting it to the uk and dealer
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I have just received an e-mail from Care by Volvo saying that they have found a vehicle to match my order (Recharge Twin Pro, Denim Blue, leather seats) and that it should arrive at the dealer in late November - 5 months after being ordered. This is three months earlier than the most recent delivery date of late February I was given last week (The Volvo app had previously showed December, then January, then March). I presume that this was a cancellation. I am certain that it is only being redirected to me because I raised a major stink about atrocious Volvo customer service all the way to Gothenburg (even though all my complaints along the way were summarily dismissed and promised calls from managers never happened...). So, finally getting excited. Any suggestions on what to do in the run up to delivery are welcome. My charger (Andersen EV) is installed and waiting to be used.
Stable-Mabel

Post by Stable-Mabel »

qrt31 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:23 pm I have just received an e-mail from Care by Volvo saying that they have found a vehicle to match my order (Recharge Twin Pro, Denim Blue, leather seats) and that it should arrive at the dealer in late November - 5 months after being ordered. This is three months earlier than the most recent delivery date of late February I was given last week (The Volvo app had previously showed December, then January, then March). I presume that this was a cancellation. I am certain that it is only being redirected to me because I raised a major stink about atrocious Volvo customer service all the way to Gothenburg (even though all my complaints along the way were summarily dismissed and promised calls from managers never happened...). So, finally getting excited. Any suggestions on what to do in the run up to delivery are welcome. My charger (Andersen EV) is installed and waiting to be used.
@qrt31 - Intrigued as to how you manage to get the Volvo app to show you these details relating to delivery time, when you don't have the VIN number. My Volvo app will accept nothing other than the VIN number to log on; I have tried the Volvo Order Number - but this doesn't work. Are you able to share your method for checking delivery in the 'Volvo app' please?