Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 494

qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Volvo app is now showing March delivery for my car ordered in June. Pretty poor showing, particularly when the dealer initially suggested I might receive it within a month...

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

That's not a poor showing..it's reality of the worldwide situation. Really can't see why people are getting so upset. That's about the same timescale when I ordered mine in 2018 and it arrived about 9 months later in 2019. Live with it rather than getting upset about it...it is what it is.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Point is we are told one thing, but then the reality is something else. Some of us have a need for a car now and ordered based on information coming from Volvo and the dealer - and I don't feel a need to apologize for that.
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

qrt31 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:47 am Point is we are told one thing, but then the reality is something else. Some of us have a need for a car now and ordered based on information coming from Volvo and the dealer - and I don't feel a need to apologize for that.
Fully agree with this!

Blaastpipe - was you advised at the point of your order that it would take 9 months to arrive?

We ordered May 2021, with the dealer saying due to production issues the max wait would be up to 8-10 weeks. But generally it would 6-8 weeks. Our current car arragment finished 1 September. We thought it would be enough of a buffer time (3 months) from the dealer quoted lead time to delivery if there were any hiccups.

Now we dont have access to a car as the old car went back. I would have much preferred if the dealer said look at worse case you are looking at 6+ months wait rather than saying 6-8 weeks . That way expectations can be managed and i could have made alternative arrangements in advance. I appreciate that production delays are out of the dealer hands and I believe the fault also lays with Volvo headquarter for the lack of clarity on their order updates.

Had the dealer at the point of the order stated worse case 3+months, I would have still placed the order but would have made interim arrangements for a car or would have kept it a bit longer.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

As you know, 4k, we ordered our car in May and what our dealer said was much the same as yours did. It was true at the time. The difference was that our dealer placed our order with Volvo the next day and we got the car in July. Your dealer didn't place the order then for whatever reason and by the time he did, the delays had occurred.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
AndyDStone

Post by AndyDStone »

We ordered our car on the 1st June. Our dealer told us then that there would be at least a 3 month wait, and in mid-June told us it would be more like the end of Nov. I know our dealer has been completely honest, other dealers maybe less honest…
Kind regards
Andy
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

AndyDStone wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:41 pm We ordered our car on the 1st June. Our dealer told us then that there would be at least a 3 month wait, and in mid-June told us it would be more like the end of Nov. I know our dealer has been completely honest, other dealers maybe less honest…
I wish my dealer was like this and said the same. I dont hold out much hope until Nov/Dec time now.
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

Update

Volvo UK have basically washed their hands and say it is between me and the dealer and they cannot assist any further. Poor effort on their side. Only option is to go to the motoring ombudmsan which the dealer is a part of.

I have been in direct contact with the dealer and the salesperson, there are some questionable points in his conduct but I will wait until I have the car before posting on here. In short the system is showing 23rd September for it to arrive at the dealership. I'm not holding my breath.
typolee

Post by typolee »

Mine should have been delivered end of September. Just been told October 22nd. Won't hold my breath. The supply chain is in a mess by all accounts. Can't even get the complimentary EV charger installed!
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

typolee wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:40 am Mine should have been delivered end of September. Just been told October 22nd. Won't hold my breath. The supply chain is in a mess by all accounts. Can't even get the complimentary EV charger installed!
What model did you order if you don't mind me asking.