Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 494

qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Theoretically you can track your order with the app, although it is light on details. So far I have moved from Order approved to Queued for production. It has been there for two months. Then there is Production complete, Car delivery in progress, Preparing for collection, and Car delivered. It does not give you a production timeframe, and the delivery time appears subject to change. The information on the web reached from the order confirmation email is even more useless. it moved quickly from Order started to Order approved to Car prepared. The last stage is Car delivery in progress. It has been at Car prepared for two months, but the car is obviously not prepared. So the actual useful information provided is minimal. Pretty poor I’d say if you are spending £50-£60K on a car. I only found out my build date, which has now likely been delayed, by filing a complaint.

Springer

Post by Springer »

What app is this
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Volvo Cars
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Can you talk us through how you use the app to track the build what details you need etc
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I think I just created a Volvo ID on the website and then put those details and order number into the app. But don't get too excited, it does not give you a lot of concrete information.
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

I have a car registered on the app which I am swapping but the only way I can add a new car is with the VIN number of that car. Did you have this prior to build?
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

No VIN, just the order number from the online order.
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

Hi

Has anyone had any luck from Volvo getting a hire car due to the delay?

We placed an order on 17th May 21, was advised last week of July for delivery. Then it got pushed back to middle of August, then told the car was being shipped and will be ready for this week to collect. When we rang today, to be now told the earliest is 16th September!

Our old car goes back tommrow as the lease finishes and could potentially be without a car for 2 weeks.

Has anyone had any luck getting a hire car through vovlo and whether I should go through head office or the dealer themselves ?
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

We ordered our car 11th May and have been driving it over a month now! I know things have got much worse of late, with the factory on short time due to lack of parts, but when you ordered, if the dealer had a build slot, you would have got in before the delays built up and would have had you car end of July. I'm going to guess he didn't place the order with Volvo when he took the order from you because he didn't have a build slot available to him. I would challenge him to show you when he placed the order and when it was accepted by Volvo, and tell him you need a car. He should be able to loan you a demonstrator, or a car from used stock.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

Greggspies wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:12 pm We ordered our car 11th May and have been driving it over a month now! I know things have got much worse of late, with the factory on short time due to lack of parts, but when you ordered, if the dealer had a build slot, you would have got in before the delays built up and would have had you car end of July. I'm going to guess he didn't place the order with Volvo when he took the order from you because he didn't have a build slot available to him. I would challenge him to show you when he placed the order and when it was accepted by Volvo, and tell him you need a car. He should be able to loan you a demonstrator, or a car from used stock.
Many thanks, I have just contacted volvo UK and they are going to speak to the dealer to see if they have any courtesy cars available.

I appreciate the delays being faced across the board, however what annoys me is when they tell me one date and the goal post gets moved. Had I not rang them today, I would have been sitting like a lemon till end of the week.