Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

Metroman

Post by Metroman »

blisteringblue wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am
blisteringblue wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:41 am
blisteringblue wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:27 am
Good news, I am similar with a Feb order originally quoted Early July. It's a lease car so they are slow to chase as I don't have a dealer as such but that does sound promising. Happy enough for August / Sept with all that is going on at the moment.
OK I stand corrected and am pleasantly surprised, just had notification my XC40 will now also be Mid July, so probably only looking at a 2 week delay. :D
Boo, new notification today of an extra delay. Early September now. :roll: :(

Only saving grace is I will get a 70 reg :P
I have now had three proposed dates firstly when ordering in March it was to be June, obviously that got delayed then after factory reopened early July just found out that its now to be September :( Thing is though the dealer hasn't given me any info of their own volition and I have to contact them to find anything out. Who is meant to provide the updates and how often?
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Metroman wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:07 pm I have now had three proposed dates firstly when ordering in March it was to be June, obviously that got delayed then after factory reopened early July just found out that its now to be September :( Thing is though the dealer hasn't given me any info of their own volition and I have to contact them to find anything out. Who is meant to provide the updates and how often?
Your dealer provides the updates, if they feel like it, or you can ask them. It will depend on the dealer. Some (like mine) might email you as soon as they know anything new, others might not want to bother you or might not be bothered themselves.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
BxUKXwp6CZ01

Post by BxUKXwp6CZ01 »

Ordered 14 Feb just arrived at the Dealers and will be collected next week - approx a month after original date.
The good news is somewhat tempered by having to "Shield" due to my wife having underlying condition and not sure best to collect (in my trade in vehicle) or ask for it to be delivered.
T4 AWD Inscription Auto Intellisafe Xenium Pack Winter Pack Tempa Spare Wheel
morganj

Post by morganj »

jamie307 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:05 pm
Metroman wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:07 pm I have now had three proposed dates firstly when ordering in March it was to be June, obviously that got delayed then after factory reopened early July just found out that its now to be September :( Thing is though the dealer hasn't given me any info of their own volition and I have to contact them to find anything out. Who is meant to provide the updates and how often?
Your dealer provides the updates, if they feel like it, or you can ask them. It will depend on the dealer. Some (like mine) might email you as soon as they know anything new, others might not want to bother you or might not be bothered themselves.
My dealer is the official importer of Volvo in Finland and has not given me any info without me prompting first.

I asked for a build date and a build sheet only to be told that they don’t have that information 😂

Audi, Porsche and even Skoda have been more forthcoming.

Still waiting for my Twin ordered in early January.

I guess I will get it when I get it.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Zi0P4tch0

Post by Zi0P4tch0 »

Ordered last week of July - collected on 25/09
XC40 R-Design Pro [MY21] | T3 FWD Auto | Lounge, driver assist and climate packs |
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Ordered June 3rd, picking up this Friday.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Deleted User 2786

Post by Deleted User 2786 »

Ordered mid-February and have, understandably, received advice that the delivery would be delayed due to COVID affect on the factory and logistics. But over the last couple of months, I've started seeing other XC40's ordered around the same time being delivered. Chased the fleet company and finally got a delivery date for about 3 weeks ago. Got the old car valeted for return then... notification that the delivery to the dealership had been delayed. Then radio silence. Then last week: "it'll be ready next week for collection or a week later for delivery."

Now, I normally go and collect because they do the exchange at my nearest office which is about 300 miles away and there's nothing like spending a long afternoon putting a new car through its paces, finding out what its thresholds are :lol: But, what with COVID, I've been advised to opt for home delivery so, it's all booked in and now it'll be dropped off in 8 days.

Blocked out the afternoon so I can go take it for a spin in the hills 8-)

Order to Delivery duration: 8 MONTHS
CarPilot

Post by CarPilot »

Ordered my B4 Inscription on 24 July. At beginning of August my dearer told me he expected it would be delivered to him on 2nd October which it was and I am collecting it on the 8th. No complaints with that under the current circumstances.
MOADAM

Post by MOADAM »

Hi all I'm new on this forum and this will be my first Volvo ordered T3 R Design auto on 8th October 2020 I was told expected delivery is second week of December 2020? Shall I take this seriously or am I expected to have delays? Any advice will be much appreciated please
ORDERED 08/10/2020 EXPECTED DELIVERY 14/12 /2020 T3 RDESIGN |AUTO|METALLIC BLACK|WINTER PACK|VISABILTY PACK|
rafaborges

Post by rafaborges »

@MOADAM,

Did you buy from a Volvo exclusive dealer or a multi-brand one? My understand is that if you buy from a Volvo dealer, those numbers are reliable with just a couple of days of margin.