Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

I’ve had 3 new golfs, all with issues (major issues in a couple of cases). All in all, I’m happy with my car. It’s way more than a mid £20k car. Panel gaps and plastic quality all seem good to me. Perhaps I am going soft as I get older.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Xtc wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:34 pm What are these people thinking of? Making comments we don't agree with and then not providing sufficient detail 😀.

Here's a few
Audi A3
VW Golf
Ford Focus
VW Passat
Audi Q2

All mid £20k cars that in my opinion easily outway the XC40 in terms of quality. I don't think technology, or size was mentioned in previous posts, it was always quality, build etc.

A Duster can be had for a little over £10k, and I'll grant you the XC40 has better quality than a Duster.
Nothing wrong with asking for details when people make claims like this :D Thanks for replying as I can see what you are comparing it to.

The first 3 are not really the same as a XC40 are they? these are cars not compact SUV.

If you are going ford then it would be the Kuga (which ha the same dashboard as my focus I swapped from - which was 11 years old!) while the very base model is around 25K as soon as you start to add anything goes over the 30k mark with no petrol auto option. I admit I never checked out the Audi when I was looking around so I cannot say anything about their build quality but the Volvo is way better than Fords finish. With VW it is more in line with the Tiguan and again the price jumps.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and entitled to agree or disagree with other people. :D

My in-laws just bought a Duster and they love it - I think it's awful :lol: each to their own.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

My options would be for the same money-
Top of the range Mazda cx 5.=reliability and space
Medium spec Audi Q3=common as m...
Oregano

Post by Oregano »

I’ve just sold an Audi Q2 to get the XC40, as soon as you start looking at like for like engines and specs you quickly get into the 30’s for the Q2, mine (s-line auto) was about £33k even after carwow discounts. And the audi Q2 is quite a bit smaller, one of the reasons we’ve changed, though it was a great car. Q3 is a more direct comparison, but you’re easily in the 30s with any decent spec on that too.
morganj

Post by morganj »

Just received a mail from my dealer after the sales people bing temporarily layed-off over Corona.

My XC40 T5 Twin Engine (now recharge) should be delivered in mid July, was ordered first week January.

Hope for no more delays.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

morganj wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:59 pm
My XC40 T5 Twin Engine (now recharge) should be delivered in mid July, was ordered first week January.
Good news, I am similar with a Feb order originally quoted Early July. It's a lease car so they are slow to chase as I don't have a dealer as such but that does sound promising. Happy enough for August / Sept with all that is going on at the moment.
Deleted User 2507

blisteringblue wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:27 am
Good news, I am similar with a Feb order originally quoted Early July. It's a lease car so they are slow to chase as I don't have a dealer as such but that does sound promising. Happy enough for August / Sept with all that is going on at the moment.
OK I stand corrected and am pleasantly surprised, just had notification my XC40 will now also be Mid July, so probably only looking at a 2 week delay. :D
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Just got information from my dealer that my XC40 (ordered mid-February) will be produced in the first week of June. The delivery is expected at the end of June (Bosnia and Herzegovina).

Btw, this is my first post on this very useful forum. Greetings from Sarajevo!
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I ordered end of January and it's just left the factory.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Deleted User 2507

blisteringblue wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:41 am
blisteringblue wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:27 am
OK I stand corrected and am pleasantly surprised, just had notification my XC40 will now also be Mid July, so probably only looking at a 2 week delay. :D
Boo, new notification today of an extra delay. Early September now. :roll: :(

Only saving grace is I will get a 70 reg :P