Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Can I suggest you meet with the dealer principal (not the sales manager) and suggest he finds a solution to the problem they have caused you, to avoid you naming and shaming them on social media?
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior

4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

Greggspies wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:00 pm Can I suggest you meet with the dealer principal (not the sales manager) and suggest he finds a solution to the problem they have caused you, to avoid you naming and shaming them on social media?
Thanks for this, I will give this a try. This is my first time buying a new car as normally we buy used/nearly new and it's a learning curve.

I have held off naming the dealer for now as I think I have some avenues I need to exhaust first and would not be fair on the dealer to name them at this moment in time.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

4ksantorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:16 pm
pjm007 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:26 pm
4ksantorini wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:05 am
Strange wasnt showing past week or so on the website but now is.

The whole ordering process seems very volatile right now, and it looks like nothing can be relied upon. As many others have observed, a potential buyer needs to be totally focused on every detail, and must firmly hold the dealer (or other sales entity) to specific configuration details, dates, promises etc. "Caveat emptor" has never been more apt.
Fully agree with this !

Further update -

Contacted the dealer today about whether a loan car can be provided. They said they have none available and even their staff dont have company cars as they are loaned out *smell a bit of BS...

Top it off the sales manager said my car was not even in production :shock: the system was showing for it to go into production between 8 - 18 September :x I am glad my other half rang instead of me as I would have hit the roof.

Needless to say a long email has been sent to volvo uk and I am going to follow it up with a phone call first thing. Explanation required for why I was told it was being shipped 27 august and then told it would be delivered latest 15th sep to now being told production between 8-18th September. I have even offered to make a small contribution to a car loan, if that fails then I will hire one and pursue the costs through small claims.

I am severely disappointed with this dealer, I appreciate some things are out of their hands but when they cant give accurate details this is not on! Had this been any other time where I can order from another dealer without the long wait I would have done so but cant risk being without a car for another 2+months.

Will keep this thread updated.

Good luck dealing with Volvo UK. I filed a formal complaint about multiple failings on the part of both Care by Volvo and the dealer (although I put more of the blame on CbV). While acknowledging multiple failings, they refused to do anything to address my concerns. Instead, I was just offered a voucher for an 'experience' (which consisted primarily of third rate hotels for which I would have to spend additional money to take advantage of the voucher). This is the extent of Volvo's 'goodwill'. I contacted the UK executive office with a direct e-mail to the UK managing director. This was ignored. I only received a response when I called customer service again (you can't actually call the executive office) which grudgingly agreed to follow up with the executive office. Four weeks after my initial e-mail to the executive office I finally had a chat with somebody who basically said that the executive office cannot overrule any decision by the CbV complaints manager. Never run across a company where the executive says it is powerless to address customer service issues. I was told my only course of action was the Financial Ombudsman, which will take many months and probably not get me anywhere. I too am facing a few months without a car I need for commuting because of failings by Volvo. Next step is to contact Volvo International. To be honest, am so disgusted with Volvo that I would cancel my order and buy a Q4 except for the fact that I would be carless for many more months if I did that. It should not be so hard to simply buy a car.
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

@qrt31 - wow that is shocking and something I wouldn't expect from a premium brand. I do hope your issues can be resolved.

I have just got off the phone with volvo UK, they have taken further details and going to liaise with the dealership, but I am not holding out much hope tbh.
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

Update

Frustrating last few days -

Wed - ring the dealer to speak to the dealer principle. He is not available and would arrange a call back. I am still waiting. Rang volvo UK and went over the whole story with the advisor and he said he would try to liaise with the dealer and come back to me the same day. I even offered to make a contribution towards a loan car if assists in sourcing one.

Thursday - spoke to another person who said there is no update on the system and the person dealing with my query is away from his desk. She would leave him a note to ring me back as soon as he got back. No phone call recieved.

Friday - called vovlo uk and now told the person I was dealing with was in training most of the day bit would leave a message. I asked if there was any updates on the system and he said no but maybe the person I was dealing with made a hand written note??? Again requested an urgent call back. At 4.54pm I receive an email from volvo uk saying that whether I need assistance with this matter. By the time I replied it had gone past 5pm and now their offices were closed.

I think this will be my first and last Volvo. I an giving up patience to keep chasing. The only next option I am considering to make a formal complaint.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Good luck with your complaint. As indicated, I wouldn't expect to get very far. As I write this I am in the middle of drafting a complaint to Volvo International.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

4ksantorini's issue is very much with the dealership and its dishonest salesman rather than Volvo itself. I would pursue the dealer principal with determination. Aim for a face to face meeting. He's the only one who can sort it out. If he won't speak to you, threaten to expose the way the dealership treats its customers in social media and local press.
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

Greggspies wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:26 pm 4ksantorini's issue is very much with the dealership and its dishonest salesman rather than Volvo itself. I would pursue the dealer principal with determination. Aim for a face to face meeting. He's the only one who can sort it out. If he won't speak to you, threaten to expose the way the dealership treats its customers in social media and local press.
Thank you, I will email the dealer principle requesting a meeting either face to face or over the phone (at least it is in writing should I need to rely on it at later stage). I am holding off naming the dealer at this moment but if needs be I will at later stage.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I suggest in your email you set out the full sequence of events and the lies the salesman told you, so he can investigate before you speak to him.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I suggest in your email you set out the full sequence of events and the lies the salesman told you, so he can investigate before you speak to him. Don't leave him any wriggle room.