Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

jdeepsea

Post by jdeepsea »

ordered mine the first week on June and expected mid September, but I will get an update in August. I hope it'll be a positive update and not one with bad news ;)
XC40 R-Design T5 AWD Thunder Grey ¦¦ Active Four-C Chassis; Convenience; Intellisafe Pro; Camera 360; Retractable Tow Bar; Electric Seats; Wireless charging; Phone integration and Spare Wheel.

K1t

Post by K1t »

Just had an update from my broker;
Ordered Feb. 12th. 2019 now due "early July" and advised we`ll have a 'chat' the last week of this month (June) so here`s hoping....... :o

1-18 scale diecast XC40..JPG

So a few more weeks staring at and occasionally stroking my little reminder, LoL
XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Just had an email to day that our delivery date has slipped by another 2 days! Starting to get a bit pee’d off now as were promised end of June delivery as were on a deadline - now going to have to pay to get a hire car in the interim.

Everyone else’s deliveries seem to be coming forward except ours!
DmoXC40

Post by DmoXC40 »

My dealer has disappointingly changed their tune to saying my delivery could now be end of July to early September?! Not pleased but will have to wait and keep pressing.
XC40 T4 R-Design Auto FWD (MY20) - Glacier Silver / Convenience Pack / Sunroof / Rear Camera
Ordered - 4 May / Expected Delivery - 4 July / Picked up 27 July
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

DmoXC40 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:04 pm My dealer has disappointingly changed their tune to saying my delivery could now be end of July to early September?! Not pleased but will have to wait and keep pressing.
Mine is a R-D pro glacier silver. It is scheduled for delivery later this month. It was ordered in February. Your original schedule is surprisingly fast however the production has been speeded a lot recently. I will post some photos to tease you ;) you could have the opportunity to change your mind on the colour :lol:
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Goldfish wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:20 am
Mine is a R-D pro glacier silver. It is scheduled for delivery later this month. It was ordered in February. Your original schedule is surprisingly fast however the production has been speeded a lot recently. I will post some photos to tease you ;) you could have the opportunity to change your mind on the colour :lol:
Brief update, car will be arrived the dealership in the next 48 hours, photo to follow :D
DmoXC40

Post by DmoXC40 »

Further update from my dealer which is very disappointing. Build slot has been delayed to October for delivery in November. Not desperate for the car but Volvo/my dealer aren’t very good at setting expectations. It’s a shame they can’t provide a tracking service like other manufacturers to stop me hassling the dealer.
XC40 T4 R-Design Auto FWD (MY20) - Glacier Silver / Convenience Pack / Sunroof / Rear Camera
Ordered - 4 May / Expected Delivery - 4 July / Picked up 27 July
K1t

Post by K1t »

K1t wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:41 pm Just had an update from my broker;
Ordered Feb. 12th. 2019 now due "early July" and advised we`ll have a 'chat' the last week of this month (June) so here`s hoping....... :o

1-18 scale diecast XC40..JPG So a few more weeks staring at and occasionally stroking my little reminder, LoL
Update; Just had, today, at my instigation, my promised 'chat' phone call from my sales-person who tells me that as of W/C 15th July my XC40 will be "in dealer stock" somewhere at a Midlands Dealer (unable or won`t say just who though!) to carry out the final dealer p.d.i checks and updates. This can take up to two weeks anyway, so he confirmed that I should get it delivered to me BY the end of July.... :o Won`t be holding my breath though! BUT, I must say that I`m just a little bit more excited now .... :D
XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)
D4RDesign

Post by D4RDesign »

IMG_1038.jpg

It's arrived at the garage!
Ordered 11th May so about 6weeks but got a build slot
D4 AWD RDesign, Android, Winter, Front Sensors
Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

8 weeks exactly from Order to car arriving in the UK, 10 weeks from order to collection but that is at my request.