Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

Further update today: Retailer confirmed that existing orders for discontinued specs. will be honoured as ordered.
XC40 R-design B4 FWD 7 speed. Ordered 14/10/21 Delivered 13/1/22
Pilot Assist, 360 deg cam, Panoramic roof etc.

ambidextrous

Post by ambidextrous »

ambidextrous wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:32 pm
ambidextrous wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:20 am at the start of September we were told Mid January the earliest for ours (T5 inscription pro), but were told last night it was now mid to end of november

obv it's not here yet....
Had an update of 'being built next week; on course for delivery on 21st November'. If it arrives then, it'll be 10 weeks from start to finish. Better than expected at the time.

now need to start arguing with NewMotion I think

back to relying on the French fisherman; it's been built (on 11/11/21), and is now in Zeebrugge. Presumably stocking up on a few beers before getting the ferry across
Stable-Mabel

Post by Stable-Mabel »

kayadelenium wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:43 pm
Stable-Mabel wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:05 am
Bocca70 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:44 pm A T3 being built gives me hope.
So the call finally came this evening from my Volvo dealer; my T3 auto is arriving tomorrow. Ordered back in early June, so a little over five months. I’m not around to collect it as away on hols but it’ll be waiting for me upon my return.
Hopefully this means that other folks who’ve ordered T3’s will see them start trickling through.

<<full leather, climate pack, park assist, sunroof, and CarPlay thingy>>
Hi,

I live in Greece and ordered my XC40 T3 Auto Inscription car 8th of June. Same as you. During my order process, my dealer called me and removed 1) BLIS - Blind Spot Information System, 2) Steer Assist, 3) Rear Collision Warning, 4) Cross Traffic Alert and 5) Park Assist Pilot & Park Assist.

Does your car have a park assist option? Moreover some poeple from other forums complain about automatic tailgate function is cancelled by Volvo without given any information. Is your tailgate with electric assistant or manual?
Hey Kayadelenium.

During my initial discussions with the dealer he advised to ‘avoid’ the more fancy options saying it would definitely increase the lead times if the options you mentioned were required. I don’t need them to be honest; my long distance driving days are over and I have them all in my current vehicle and find they are used so infrequently. So like you I selected Park Assist, I also added sunroof, Climate Pack, Full Leather and the Smartphone Integration.
As you’ll have seen from my previous posts the original delivery date of end of September was wildly inaccurate, as was end of October. So now the car has arrived (9th November) but as I’m away on holiday I cannot collect the car until the coming Monday - 22nd.
Now regarding the tailgate, yes I’m assuming it has the power/auto opening, as was standard when ordered. The dealer told me when it arrived it had everything on it that was on the original order; if I find on collection it doesn’t have this then I’ll be mightily pi$$ed off and will be looking for some money off the car before I accept delivery.
So I’ll not know until next week, and will keep you updated.
Tommy3090

Post by Tommy3090 »

Just had a call from my dealer, the delivery date has now slipped again to January with no specific date given.
That will make it around 7 months from order, and I've not added many extras.
Wish there was some information as to how Volvo are allocating build dates
On order - R-Design, T3 auto, Demin Blue, Park Assist, Smartphone Integration
Order placed 11/06/21, latest delivery date is Jan 2022
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

After inquiring with CbV, I received a separate e-mail saying that my Recharge Twin Pro is finally in production. I had last been told two weeks ago that production would start on the 9th and take up to a week. So it looks like it might be a week behind from that. And it is also behind the info I had a few weeks ago that the car would be with the dealer by 23 November. But great to get confirmation 5 months after ordering and having been given multiple delivery dates from November to March. The e-mail referred me to the app for further updates, but it is still showing March delivery. So much for the app which, according to CbV, is supposed to be our main source of info... Anyway, it looks like the end may finally be in sight. CbV told me that it could take the dealer up to 2 weeks to prepare the car, but the dealer has indicated they might be able to do it within 24 hours. So looks like delivery will be in early/mid December, depending upon how long it takes to get here from Ghent.
hotfrog

Post by hotfrog »

How does the delivery app work? I have the Volvo app but it will only work with a VIN number which obviously is not yet available. Thanks for any help.
XC40 R-design B4 FWD 7 speed. Ordered 14/10/21 Delivered 13/1/22
Pilot Assist, 360 deg cam, Panoramic roof etc.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

hotfrog wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:12 pm How does the delivery app work? I have the Volvo app but it will only work with a VIN number which obviously is not yet available. Thanks for any help.
I think it may only work for the P8. I was able to use my online order number.
Stable-Mabel

Post by Stable-Mabel »

Stable-Mabel wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:27 pm
kayadelenium wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:43 pm
Stable-Mabel wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:05 am

So the call finally came this evening from my Volvo dealer; my T3 auto is arriving tomorrow. Ordered back in early June, so a little over five months. I’m not around to collect it as away on hols but it’ll be waiting for me upon my return.
Hopefully this means that other folks who’ve ordered T3’s will see them start trickling through.

<<full leather, climate pack, park assist, sunroof, and CarPlay thingy>>
Hi,

I live in Greece and ordered my XC40 T3 Auto Inscription car 8th of June. Same as you. During my order process, my dealer called me and removed 1) BLIS - Blind Spot Information System, 2) Steer Assist, 3) Rear Collision Warning, 4) Cross Traffic Alert and 5) Park Assist Pilot & Park Assist.

Does your car have a park assist option? Moreover some poeple from other forums complain about automatic tailgate function is cancelled by Volvo without given any information. Is your tailgate with electric assistant or manual?
Hey Kayadelenium.

During my initial discussions with the dealer he advised to ‘avoid’ the more fancy options saying it would definitely increase the lead times if the options you mentioned were required. I don’t need them to be honest; my long distance driving days are over and I have them all in my current vehicle and find they are used so infrequently. So like you I selected Park Assist, I also added sunroof, Climate Pack, Full Leather and the Smartphone Integration.
As you’ll have seen from my previous posts the original delivery date of end of September was wildly inaccurate, as was end of October. So now the car has arrived (9th November) but as I’m away on holiday I cannot collect the car until the coming Monday - 22nd.
Now regarding the tailgate, yes I’m assuming it has the power/auto opening, as was standard when ordered. The dealer told me when it arrived it had everything on it that was on the original order; if I find on collection it doesn’t have this then I’ll be mightily pi$$ed off and will be looking for some money off the car before I accept delivery.
So I’ll not know until next week, and will keep you updated.
So for those that have been following my mildly interesting updates from order through to delivery I can confirm that I picked up my new T3 auto from the dealer yesterday.

Initial thoughts and views are that I absolutely love it. It has arrived exactly as I had spec’d it. A couple of the things I was a bit worried about are fine; it does have the ability to turn off the auto start/stop function. Also the standard/base version of the radio is actually very good and sounds excellent. Coming from a Bose system in my current vehicle I had been wishing that I had upgraded to the HK system; I needn’t have worried as this sounds pretty good to me (once I’d fiddled with the equaliser and whacked up the bass & treble).

I’ll continue to follow this group topic and wish all those who are waiting for their XC40’s to arrive some good luck and hope things improve for your delivery dates.

T3 auto/Onyx Black/Full Leather/Climate Pack/Park Assist/Sunroof/Car Play
ambidextrous

Post by ambidextrous »

ambidextrous wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:32 pm
ambidextrous wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:20 am at the start of September we were told Mid January the earliest for ours (T5 inscription pro), but were told last night it was now mid to end of november

obv it's not here yet....
Had an update of 'being built next week; on course for delivery on 21st November'. If it arrives then, it'll be 10 weeks from start to finish. Better than expected at the time.

now need to start arguing with NewMotion I think

back to relying on the French fisherman; it's been built (on 11/11/21), and is now in Zeebrugge. Presumably stocking up on a few beers before getting the ferry across
well, it's arrived. It's here. It's very nice. Both keys can store a profile. Averaged 95mpg on the [hilly/motorway] route home. Which is nice
And still roughly 10 weeks from start to finish. The dealer couldn't understand how it came so quickly. Luck, I guess.
Lebo

Post by Lebo »

well, it's arrived. It's here. It's very nice. Both keys can store a profile. Averaged 95mpg on the [hilly/motorway] route home. Which is nice
And still roughly 10 weeks from start to finish. The dealer couldn't understand how it came so quickly. Luck, I guess.
Great news!
I guess it’s a T5 recharge hence the 95mpg.

One questions about the specs. Does it have the hands free, foot operated tailgate?