Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Unfortunately once the poll is set up it can't be changed (well not by an normal user aka me). Also limited to max 10 poll options - so would have to lose one month.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Understood. I'll opt for 'More than 9 months' for now - for all I know, that's how long I'd have to wait.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Hope not.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

AlexK wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:49 pm Understood. I'll opt for 'More than 9 months' for now - for all I know, that's how long I'd have to wait.
I Can change it... so extended >9months to include not known.
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Changed to ‘Not Known’ as dealer still waiting info from Volvo. I suspect his original late-June estimate may be put back based on timescales given to others on here.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Placed order 14th March for a First Edition, D4, White, Charcoal, 20" Wheels.
Dealer quoted production commencement Week 16, (16th April) with delivery May.
After recently making a progress enquiry to Volvo, informed production commencement has been changed to Week 38, (16th September) with delivery now expected October. A delay of 5 months !!!
The reason given by Volvo for the delay was due to increased demand. I have also heard of an issue with the lack of parts for the R-Design.
Who knows ?
Unfortunately Volvo seem quite complacent about disappointing XC40 customers.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Julian B wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:42 pm Placed order 14th March for a First Edition, D4, White, Charcoal, 20" Wheels.
Dealer quoted production commencement Week 16, (16th April) with delivery May.
After recently making a progress enquiry to Volvo, informed production commencement has been changed to Week 38, (16th September) with delivery now expected October. A delay of 5 months !!!
The reason given by Volvo for the delay was due to increased demand. I have also heard of an issue with the lack of parts for the R-Design.
Who knows ?
Unfortunately Volvo seem quite complacent about disappointing XC40 customers.

Sympathies Julian, but that seems to be the norm now. They have been overwhelmed with orders, and clearly can't ramp up production capacity to match. It also seems that the extended FE order window has totally messed up their standard R-Design plans, as of course the FE is simply an R-Design with extra bells and whistles. It will be worth waiting for though!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Chris-croft

Post by Chris-croft »

Just had the phone call from the dealers, Mine is confirmed 1st week in October, but I'm not sure if that is the build date or the date I can pick it up????
It was ordered 3rd week in March, and this is the first conversation with the dealer regarding the delivery date following its order.
The dealer was very apprehensive when I answered the phone; he then thanked me for being so understanding. I think others he has had to phone have been a little less understanding.... :oops: ....
T5 FE GREY OUTSIDE; BLACK INSIDE; 20" RIMS; Oct 19 DEL with P*
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Hi All,

Been looking at the forum for a little while seeing how things were progressing. Just placed my order (thanks to Hitachi being useless) for an Inscription Pro D3 Manual (all my company will allow thanks to pretending to be green) in pine grey. Just been told that the factory's accepted the order due end of October. If it wasn't a Pro version, it would have been September. Suggests seats, windscreen or lights are causing problems in manufacture to me.

Out of interest, does anyone know what the difference is between the MY18 and MY19 is? I can't find it anywhere. I've tried a search on here, but got 18 pages of responses.

Hope those that have them already are happy they're as good it seemed on the test drive!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

hdasmith wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:22 pm Out of interest, does anyone know what the difference is between the MY18 and MY19 is?
Sure, here you go:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=209&p=1847#p1847
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.