Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 493

Leeh2020

Post by Leeh2020 »

enneo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm Knocking em out pretty quick now they have two lines running in Ghent, build quality leaves a lot to be desired though, modern day Proton!!
Hopefully won’t get dealayed any further then,with a bit of luck

alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

Leeh2020 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:39 pm Cheers pal. Yes I went for the t4 too redesign in auto. Hoping date doesn’t get pushed back anymore lol. How u finding it so far?
Absolutely loving it!
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
leveragedbeta

Post by leveragedbeta »

enneo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm Knocking em out pretty quick now they have two lines running in Ghent, build quality leaves a lot to be desired though, modern day Proton!!
Yeah I have to say it left a lot to be desired when I did a thorough proctology a few days ago. No better than a lot very budget brands (none of which charge anything like the XC40s RRP). I guess there's a reason why there are a ton of cheap £185pm lease deals out there now. Built from cheese & cardboard!
Toasted

Post by Toasted »

leveragedbeta wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:50 am
Yeah I have to say it left a lot to be desired when I did a thorough proctology a few days ago. No better than a lot very budget brands (none of which charge anything like the XC40s RRP). I guess there's a reason why there are a ton of cheap £185pm lease deals out there now. Built from cheese & cardboard!
When you carried out your proctology did you find cheese and cardboard? That must have been painful.
leveragedbeta

Post by leveragedbeta »

No, just panel gaps, velcro and glued components, rattling boot trays, loose fitting headliners, cheap scratchy plastics, noisy gearboxes and clutch pedals from Fisher Price. It just didn't feel like circa £33k of build quality. Disappointing really. My brother also had a fair few issues with his V90.

Leased at £185pm you might be able to make a case for it (hence my interest) given that this is astra/fiesta/i30 territory but I'm wondering if it will spend half the lease in for repairs.

And its not like I'm a spoilt car snob - my last three have been skoda, fiat and nissan.
Toasted

Post by Toasted »

You misunderstand me, or I'm not understanding something.

It's your use of the word proctology that I attempted to make a joke of. Doesn't seem quite fitting in, presumably, describing an investigation.

For what it's worth I have a similar opinion of the car. It's a mid 20k car being sold for mid 30s. Perhaps time will tell, I'll either keep it long term or cut my losses and buy a genuine mid 20k car 😀
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

It's a mid 20k car being sold for mid 30s.

What's your idea of a mid 30s car then?
Bam Boo

Post by Bam Boo »

I would tend to agree with Toasted. Over the years, allowing for inflation, I've always had low to mid £20k cars - many of them.

This XC40 was my first mid £30k car, and to be frank it isn't as good, or well made, as any of my previous cars.

My last was a middle of the road VW, others have been Renault's, Citroen's, even a Fiat or two 😀.

I'm not saying that the Volvo is bad, I do like it a lot, it's just that it's far too expensive for what it is, especially with my experience of cars worth a good £10k less on the whole.

I wouldn't be able to answer what would be a good mid £30k car as I've never had one.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I see these comments all the time but instead of saying amid £20k car how about name some examples?

When I had a look round at cars of a similar size comfort and tech I did not find any mid £20k cars unless you go for something like a duster?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Xtc

Post by Xtc »

What are these people thinking of? Making comments we don't agree with and then not providing sufficient detail 😀.

Here's a few
Audi A3
VW Golf
Ford Focus
VW Passat
Audi Q2

All mid £20k cars that in my opinion easily outway the XC40 in terms of quality. I don't think technology, or size was mentioned in previous posts, it was always quality, build etc.

A Duster can be had for a little over £10k, and I'll grant you the XC40 has better quality than a Duster.