Jacking Points

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Hi

I am hoping somebody can clarify please.

When you read the manual it indicates that the jacking points are in the cutouts of the bottom plastic trim, indicated by the arrows on it.

'Position the jack or the lift arms at the designated spots of the car's undercarriage. The triangle markings in the plastic cover indicate the locations of the jacking/lifting points. There are two jacking points on each side of the car. There is a recess for the jack at each point'

When you look at the graphic it shows the jacking points being the 4 plastic blocks, 2 on each side.

imgabbb9222bb6d7354c0a801526ba60622_1_--_--_VOICEpnghigh.jpeg

Does anybody have experience of jacking the car up, and if so, which points did they use ??

Thanks
T4 R Design, Auto, Crystal White, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Park Assist, Smartphone Integration, Tempa spare wheel and jack.

brigstowe

Post by brigstowe »

I think there is a subtle difference between ‘jacking points’ and ‘lifting points’. The graphic on page 529, in my paper manual, shows a better view of the jacking points. I *think* that the lifting points are for use with a garage jack, or the ‘wheel-free’ ramps in the service shop.
Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Ah, that seems to make sense, thanks
T4 R Design, Auto, Crystal White, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Park Assist, Smartphone Integration, Tempa spare wheel and jack.