What irritates you about your Volvo XC 40?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Chris John wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:12 pm If the engine and drive train needs 10k miles to “loosen” up it must have been bloody tight at 1k miles!
Not necessarily. Modern engines use fully synth oils which are very slippery...

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Why don't you run it in Pure mode, step2534? You don't have to worry about the engine kicking in. It won't unless you run out of battery.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Andyfr

Post by Andyfr »

The only slight niggles I have are that I can't turn off the digital speed readout, I can't have the trip mileage displayed all the time and I can't disable the road sign recognition, I have to turn it off every time I start the car. Other than that I love it. :D
Andyfr

June 2021 B4 AWD Inscription - Pebble Grey - Dark tinted windows - Temp spare wheel.
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Minor one, but it irritates me how much water the wing/door mirrors retain when the car is washed. I end up drying the doors about 5 times to prevent water marks.
Same thing with the trim at the top of the tailgate.
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey
Andyfr

Post by Andyfr »

Rockford wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:36 am Minor one, but it irritates me how much water the wing/door mirrors retain when the car is washed. I end up drying the doors about 5 times to prevent water marks.
I bought an inexpensive electric leaf blower which makes short work of getting the water out of those areas. :)
Andyfr

June 2021 B4 AWD Inscription - Pebble Grey - Dark tinted windows - Temp spare wheel.
bba

Post by bba »

Andyfr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 am
Rockford wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:36 am Minor one, but it irritates me how much water the wing/door mirrors retain when the car is washed. I end up drying the doors about 5 times to prevent water marks.
I bought an inexpensive electric leaf blower which makes short work of getting the water out of those areas. :)

What a good idea - thank you.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Greggspies wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:51 am Why don't you run it in Pure mode, step2534? You don't have to worry about the engine kicking in. It won't unless you run out of battery.
Does driving in Pure mode completely eliminate the petrol engine kicking in? I red reviews where the major complaint was the inability to run the car only on electric, as soon as more power was needed, kicking down the accelerator would turn the petrol engine on even in Pure mode. Did Volvo addressed this complaint in the 2022 models?
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

The whole point of Pure mode is the engine is not used. If you push the accelerator hard to the floor, the car will revert to Hybrid mode and the engine will start because the car will consider this is an emergency and you need maximum power, but not otherwise.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Cornishman wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:50 am
Chris John wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:12 pm If the engine and drive train needs 10k miles to “loosen” up it must have been bloody tight at 1k miles!
Not necessarily. Modern engines use fully synth oils which are very slippery...
Exactly. So why does it take 10k miles to loosen up?
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Graemelisa

Post by Graemelisa »

eugen61 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:42 am
Greggspies wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:51 am Why don't you run it in Pure mode, step2534? You don't have to worry about the engine kicking in. It won't unless you run out of battery.
Does driving in Pure mode completely eliminate the petrol engine kicking in? I red reviews where the major complaint was the inability to run the car only on electric, as soon as more power was needed, kicking down the accelerator would turn the petrol engine on even in Pure mode. Did Volvo addressed this complaint in the 2022 models?
I have created an individual drive mode which is pure - this places it second on the list of drive modes- I then only need to hit the drive mode button below the centre screen twice which then selects this mode - I do this every time I start the car. I found in hybrid mode it would sometimes switch to petrol unexpectedly eg speedbumps. If I know on any given day I am only going yo drive sub 40ks I don't want to use any petrol and it drives better!

As I said earlier on software limitations another is that it is annoying you can't set the car to start in pure by default........