What irritates you about your Volvo XC 40?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
bba

Post by bba »

BrianT58 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:32 pm I would like it if the AC was at the same temp I left it when I got out instead of the air quality being on with everything set at low.
Mine is always at the same set temp, no idea what could cause that.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist

charles_M

Post by charles_M »

Lots of minor things irritate me, but overall its OK.
e.g. no headlights on indicator, I just like to know. (like in daylight, its raining hard, are they on? My old Q3 would tell you)
The collision avoidance braking kicking in now and again when I'm nowhere near a collision
The car lurching forward when the auto start/stop restarts the engine
etc.

One thing irritates all the time:
Turn ignition off and open driver door, entertainment system switches off. What if a passenger is still listening? Why not a delay?
Press button to switch on, then wait 10-15 seconds for it to restart

Its a nice car, but not sure I would choose it again
BrianT58

Post by BrianT58 »

bba wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:36 pm
BrianT58 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:32 pm I would like it if the AC was at the same temp I left it when I got out instead of the air quality being on with everything set at low.
Mine is always at the same set temp, no idea what could cause that.
I'm fairly certain it's a setting in one of the menus I've either ticked or not ticked. I should work my way through really and try to figure it out :)
Regards Brian
MY2024 XC-40 Ultimate B4
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

You don't need to start the engine to close the windows, just press the start button without your foot on the brake, and all the basic functions work without the engine running and when you lock the car hold the lock button down and it shuts the windows, just like a Tiguan
Rikdick

Post by Rikdick »

Brake groan at low speeds.
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Greggspies wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:36 pm Snow man, the Orange key stores the profile, but it can't be locked against changes like the main key can. If someone changes a setting that change will be changed in the profile when the car is locked. So when it is unlocked again, the car reverts to the last position. Hope that makes sense.
Not a problem for my wife with changing anything on the car,she is to scared to touch anything !! Same as her phone,as long as it works she's fine :roll: she does like the car and is happy,so that's less stress for me.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

To clear the door mirrors of rain using the heating function, you also have to heat the rear window. unnecessary as the rear window has a perfectly good wiper, and a waste of energy. I'd like to see a 'soft button' added to the car functions screen to just turn on the door mirror heaters.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I agree with an earlier post..tell me when the headlights are on...please
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

BrianT58 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:32 pm I would like it if the AC was at the same temp I left it when I got out instead of the air quality being on with everything set at low. but it could just be me not knowing WTF I'm doing :D
Other than that I don't have any of the issues that Hu11tty is referring to,
  • not had an issue with stop/start when parking but the auto brake can be a pain when trying to park closer to something than the parking sensors want you to but then you can just turn that off.
  • Anti Collison I believe can be switched off or at least made less sensitive
  • I can open and close windows without needing to have the engine running as long as ignition is in position 1 or 2 never remember which.
  • I get it with the radio but then it's a drain on the battery so I sort of understand that
  • and I don't have paddle shifters, but can see how that would be a PITA
On my vehicle if I set the temperature at the level I like and then save my profile it remains set at that temperature whenever my key is used and my profile is loaded..
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Have to say whenever I start it the AC temp is the last setting used.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21