Free NewMotion charger installation...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

typolee wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:16 am Just had a reply from NewMotion saying installation won't take place until 5 - 6 months due to semi conductor shortage so I'm going to have to pay for another EV charger somewhere else :(

Shame its clearly not a complimentary offer Volvo should be offering.
The semiconductor shortage is nothing to do with Volvo or Newmotion....Just FYI i have a charger being installed at my office from a local installer who uses Rolec devices and they have the exact same issue.

Delvieries are happening, they just cannot give you a 100% confirmation of when it will be. They told me it could be 5-6 months and it was actually 4 weeks. Be patient!!!

Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Is it correct that you can't do timed/scheduled charging via the charger/its app?
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

No. It's not correct, Rockford. It was, but since a recent update, the charge timers now work fine.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Sorry. Rockford. I realise you were asking about the New Motion charger. Can't answer that but the Volvo Cars app now has charge timers.
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Yep, it was me with the problem with the Volvo charge timers in the other thread - they're still not working.
So I'm hoping Newmotion offer it, but I've read that they don't, hence me double-checking...
blaird03

Post by blaird03 »

From newmotion email - re survey pre installation —

Home Advanced Socketed package

Free of Charge*

Includes:

Charging speeds of up to 7.4kW on single-phase grid connections
Standard Installation
Wireless internet connection (charge point has a built-in sim)
Smart services: Continuous over the air software updates, ability to see all your usage data, 24/7 emergency helpline service, set public and guest usage, supports automatic reimbursement
OLEV grant
RFID protection: This security feature allows you to lock and unlock your charge point with a charge card or key fob

*Price agreed with Volvo apply to standard hardware (white socketed unit) and standard installation only. All customisation will be at an additional cost. Please note, as part of this offer, our tethered optional extras are reduced in price to £55 and £75 for our 5m and 8m tethered units, respectively. This will be reflected in your final quote.
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

So 'no' then. :lol:
Bit of a stretch calling it a 'smart' charger...
Mondiniho

Post by Mondiniho »

Rockford wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:03 pm Yep, it was me with the problem with the Volvo charge timers in the other thread - they're still not working.
So I'm hoping Newmotion offer it, but I've read that they don't, hence me double-checking...
I think you have to pay a £5 a month subscription to get the ability to schedule charging on the new motion app - plus to get any of the dashboards.

I can’t actually get it to accept it to move to the next stage of setting the charger up - having entered my account name (I’d registered to use their network of chargers), so can’t confirm or deny

I’ll have to check out your experience with the Volvo app..
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Rockford, the Volvo app is up to 5.4.0 claiming some enhancement to charging. Looks and works the same as before for me, but it could be worth you having another go.
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Greggspies wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:25 pm Rockford, the Volvo app is up to 5.4.0 claiming some enhancement to charging. Looks and works the same as before for me, but it could be worth you having another go.
Good call, but alas, no change.