Free NewMotion charger installation...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Rockford, have you charged your car at a particular location and then tried adding that location in the app?
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior

Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Yes, it doesn't seem to matter whether I add a new location or modify an existing one - still no timers anywhere.
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Rockford, your reply confuses me a little. As far as I know it's not possible to modify an existing location (apart from renaming it). It can only be deleted.

Can I assume you are tapping the lightning ⚡ on the main screen, then tapping 'Manage charge locations'? Do you have any saved locations? If you have and tap on one you reach a screen where you schedule charging. If you don't have any saved locations, and you tap 'Add Location' you should see a message about adding a Recent location to the list.

I'm wondering what you see at these points?
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

I meant 'rename', not 'modify'; sorry.
I have a saved location, and when I get to it in the way you specify above, I have the option to name or rename it, and to set a reminder if I'm not plugged in within 30 minutes of parking. Nothing else.
I can also add a location, but I ultimately end up at the same screen showing just the name/rename and reminder options only.

Like this:

Screenshot_20210903-144650_Volvo Cars.jpg

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I don't think the location you're showing is saved, there's no dustbin at the top of the screen to delete it. Have you tried naming it and saving it by tapping the tick box? (Sorry if this sounds like I'm treating you as an idiot, it's not intended!).
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

That was an example as the only other location I have saved/available to save is my home address and I don't want to post that up.
My home charging location is saved and shows the additional dustbin icon but still no charging schedule option (exactly as above, plus dustbin).
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I quite understand, Rockford. As a bit of an experiment, I've just deleted my home location and therefore the charging schedule. When I plug the car in later, I'll let you know what happens when I recreate it.
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Thanks, that would be helpful.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

OK Rockford.. when I deleted the home location, the app couldn't see any locations The car was at that time plugged in at home.. I unplugged the car. and it was then that my home location appeared. When I selected it, the Scheduled Charging option was there. I turned it on, set start and finish times, named the location Home and saved the location. The app whirred away to itself for a few moments and confirmed it as a Saved Location exactly as before I deleted it. I don't have any other locations.
blaird03

Post by blaird03 »

Complete my virtual survey for NewMotion… email reply states 4 to 5 month wait…
If anyone needs one, better start the process as a matter of urgency !