Free NewMotion charger installation...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

When I filled the survey out at the beginning of July it said they would be in touch ‘shortly’. They never followed up, so I decided to go elsewhere. Good luck.

Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

How do you start the process if you haven't got the car yet although the dealer says they have been notified?
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

The dealer never told me about the offer. I only found out after I ordered online and then called Care by Volvo a week later to find out what was happening with my order since I hadn't heard anything. I asked about chargers and they sent me with the info. I used my online order number.
blaird03

Post by blaird03 »

:twisted:
Wedgie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:03 pm How do you start the process if you haven't got the car yet although the dealer says they have been notified?
Need to chase your dealer to chase NewMotion- it’s all a bit of a pain in the a***
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

My Wallbox has been delivered today by DPD ready for my installation on Thursday (they bought it forward a day)

Timeline as follows;

Ordered Car - 14th May
NewMotion contacted me for Survey - 2nd June
NewMotion contact me again as they wanted additional info on survey - 17th June
NewMotion confirmed order and sent my charge card out - 21st July
NewMotion delayed install due to chip shortage - 12th August
Installation confirmed for 16th Sept

Now, IF i had the car, i would be pretty unhappy about having to wait such a long time for installation. But my car isnt being delivered until 10th October but i was informed NewMotion would follow the same timeline as the car delivery (i guess in case you cancel the order or something like that)
blaird03

Post by blaird03 »

Dealership contacted me and mentioned that Volvo UK likely to change current offer from NewMotion to cash contribution to home changer/installation - based on the bad experiences with NewMotion and delays.
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

I wonder if they'll do that retrospectively, or only for new orders going forward? Beginning to lose patience here...
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

I was a bit slow to the party - dealer said it was on order 3 months ago just phoned Newmotion up and got a pre install survey sent to me instantly. Having done the survey which took about 30 min I am now on the waiting list they expect 4-5 months delay . What a pity I did not do the survey 3 months ago and then the charger would be arriving at the same time as hopefully my car!
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Wedgie wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:04 pm I was a bit slow to the party - dealer said it was on order 3 months ago just phoned Newmotion up and got a pre install survey sent to me instantly. Having done the survey which took about 30 min I am now on the waiting list they expect 4-5 months delay . What a pity I did not do the survey 3 months ago and then the charger would be arriving at the same time as hopefully my car!
I don't think it would have made a difference if you had done the survey 3 months ago. I submitted the survey 3 months ago. After not hearing anything from NewMotion for a couple weeks and reading the reviews, I told Volvo I wanted to cancel. NewMotion apparently did not get the message because I received an e-mail from them yesterday telling me it would be 4-5 months and asking if I still wanted it. I am having my Andersen EV charger installed tomorrow (and in fact it could have been installed much sooner if I didn't have to deal with Council planning issues). It is turning out to be expensive, but it will be a higher quality charger and there is not the same kind of wait.
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Did you get a contribution from Volvo?