Free NewMotion charger installation...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

No contribution. I asked of course, but they said NewMotion was their only offer. Given the wait time, they are probably hoping a lot of other people will give up and save them money.

typolee

Post by typolee »

qrt31 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:34 pm No contribution. I asked of course, but they said NewMotion was their only offer. Given the wait time, they are probably hoping a lot of other people will give up and save them money.
Funny my dealer confirmed £500 cash instead of the new motion yesterday!
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

typolee wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:45 pm
qrt31 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:34 pm No contribution. I asked of course, but they said NewMotion was their only offer. Given the wait time, they are probably hoping a lot of other people will give up and save them money.
Funny my dealer confirmed £500 cash instead of the new motion yesterday!
Can you say which dealer? I have been dealing directly with Volvo, but good to have all the information I can get.
blaird03

Post by blaird03 »

My dealer contacted me today again. Car handover expected end next week :) and how to arrange the £500 contribution.
Gave my a DOIN number (order number perhaps) - and phone number to contact (which was Volvo uk customer care). Awaiting conformation email and link to complete payment details.

On a side note --- i used https://www.smarthomecharge.co.uk/
I completed survey on Tuesday - got quote same day
Accepted quote and paid On Wednesday
Charger arrived today (Thursday)
Appointment made to install tomorrow - as easy as that !
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I am sure others received the most recent e-mail from NewMotion a few days about further delays and the loss of the government grant. I received an e-mail today from the sales team asking a question about installation. I had to tell them that I had already informed them on more than one occasion that I was not going ahead - the first time being over the summer. I am very glad that I did not go with them in the end. It is quite clear that this was not a serious offer from Volvo - there is no way NewMotion could have filled all of the orders - certainly not in time for people to get their cars (even with all of the delays in receiving cars).
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

qrt31 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:49 pm I am sure others received the most recent e-mail from NewMotion a few days about further delays and the loss of the government grant. I received an e-mail today from the sales team asking a question about installation. I had to tell them that I had already informed them on more than one occasion that I was not going ahead - the first time being over the summer. I am very glad that I did not go with them in the end. It is quite clear that this was not a serious offer from Volvo - there is no way NewMotion could have filled all of the orders - certainly not in time for people to get their cars (even with all of the delays in receiving cars).
Newmotion have been great for me. Not only did they install the charger at my home, they also paid UK power networks to upgrade my fuse etc and then they gave me a 5 year subscription to the premium service for free.

I had an email saying the unit would be delayed due to chip shortages etc but then 2 weeks later it turned up at my house.
ambidextrous

Post by ambidextrous »

just as a personal example of all this

Got in contact with NewMotion after hearing nothing. They advised of semi-conductor shortages across the industry, and quoted a lead time of 5-6 months (ie after the grant runs out)

Spoke to Volvo, and got the £500 rebate within a day

Spoke to Smart Home Charge, signed up for a WallBox. Delivered within 2 days. Just waiting for an engineer now.

For all those waiting, I honestly suggest just emailing volvo and requesting the rebate.
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

I used Romatech. https://www.romatech.co.uk/

Brilliant service. " weeks order to fitting. They were slightly cheaper than smartcharge
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

I have just spoken to CbV re the charger situation. My P8 has arrived at the dealer and Newmotion have no idea when they can fit a charger. I was told that I can get any supplier to fit the charger, send the receipt to CbV and they will reimburse the cost. We will see what transpires!
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Have just received confirmation from CbV that I can get a £500 rebate on the cost of the charger that I have installed. CbV had refused this back in the summer, but I guess they finally realised that the free charger offer could not actually be delivered in time. I had to make a second request, so pays to ask!