Comfort and Model Advice

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
leehal

Post by leehal »

Hello all,

I currently have a VW Tiguan R Line (my 3rd Tiguan) and I will be renewing my lease in around a years time. Due to long lead ins I have started looking already.

I did call into to a Volvo showroom when the XC40 first came out, I then managed to source my Tiguan on a lease deal that was too good to turn down so didn't really get any further with the Volvo.

My main criteria for a car is comfort, I've had a spinal fusion and ride quality is essential. My Tiguan has Dynamic Chassis Control which overcomes any issues for me, the current car I have has 20 inch wheels which I'm sure won't help without the DCC!

I need a soft ride, comfortable and heated seats.

My other wants would be:-

Panoramic roof.
Reversing camera.
Good headlights.
Apple carplay.
Automatic gearbox.
Possibly 4 wheel drive (not essential as my mileage has decreased due to Covid related work changes).
Petrol or diesel, not bothered which.
Something with a bit of oomph for overtaking when needed.

Can anyone comment on both the comfort and also which model would cater for my needs?

bba

Post by bba »

I would suggest the Inscription suspension, nice and soft at least on my heavy Recharge. Clearly, some people on here don't like it being that soft but I do. Also, I would try to keep the rims as small as possible as, afaik, there is no DCC option.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

I've got the Inscription Pro, use it to ferry around a passenger with a poorly healed broken back, they do fine with it. I kept the standard 19" wheels and while some complain about it in bends I've not yet found one where the body movement is an issue. Everything else is as you want, assuming they get the chip shortage sorted and can get the spec sorted again.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

The Inscription's suspension is identical to the Momentum, so don't think you have to get the more expensive trim to get the most comfort. The R-Design on the other hand is supposed to have a more sporty feel.

As it's important to you I'd suggest test driving a car with the same size wheels as you will order, to make sure you're happy. I have 18" wheels, as there's basically no reason whatsoever to go larger.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel