T5 Hybrid Polestar Optimisation Software Upgrade

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Matrodd01

Post by Matrodd01 »

Hi.

Just want to give my thoughts on the upgrade I've just had on the car (2021 July).

I had a new key coded aswell as I only had one proper key with a guest key delivered with the car

it's a fair few quid for the Polestar upgrade (£595) but the car does feel even more sporty. The sport mode is replaced with the Polestar Engineered setting....and a new badge on the tailgate

The car is more responsive, gear changes are quicker, pulls better and feels more planted.....

It's still early days but I'm very pleased with it, and would recommend it.

Matthew
T5 Recharge R Design Pro, FWD Auto. Fusion Red, Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Power Seat Driver Assist Versatility Lounge Pack(s), Bike Carrier with retractable towbar

dannyfoster87

Post by dannyfoster87 »

Ohhh, i didn't know it was available for the T5 hybrid!
XC40 R Design Pro T5 Recharge
bba

Post by bba »

I have had mine done too. The most significant observed change is that the engine seems smoother.
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

dannyfoster87 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:15 pm Ohhh, i didn't know it was available for the T5 hybrid!

The applicable UK model list is now expanded quite a bit:-

https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/mode ... l=new-xc40

If you are considering it, don't forget that there is a difference in total effect between FWD & AWD transmission options and of course between Manual & Auto.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o