Headlights

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

Hi, I have a 2021 XC40 with the " cornering lights" and they are something else. I went out last night to actually use the lights in the dark, I've only had the car since April! My previous car was a Tiguan with Bi-xenons, and I thought they were good, but these actually put them in the shade- no pun intended! I can't wait for the dark nights LOL

Roy

Alexandrovich

Post by Alexandrovich »

Yes, I've only just driven my Inscription Pro after dark and totally agree, the cornering headlights are really good. Have not experienced this feature before, so it's totally new to me.
Volvo XC40 T4 MY20 FWD Inscription Pro, Onyx Black, Blond interior, Winter Pack, Tempra Spare, Privacy Glass, Mudflaps, Dashcam and Reversing Camera. AutoGlym LifeShine.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Here's me hoping that a facelift will see them upgrade the lights to match all the other Volvo models - proper adaptive lights that detect and respond to other road users, rather than simply bend with the steering wheel.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I find the standard RD headlights brilliant as they are
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

The adaptive lights do react to other road users,mine do,don't have bending lights on my Xc B4 RD,did in previous V 40 but don't miss them.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Snow man wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:27 pm The adaptive lights do react to other road users,mine do,don't have bending lights on my Xc B4 RD,did in previous V 40 but don't miss them.
That's just the Active High Beam which switches between dipped and high beam in reaction to oncoming headlights. The XC40 doesn't have adaptive headlights - these change their pattern depending on what's in front, for example keeping full beam on the verges but not on the vehicle you are following. Volvo's version of this is called Adaptive Shadow Technology and it's on every model except the XC40.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

IIRC the adaptive shadow was offered as part of a saf3ety package when I ordered mine. Went with the 'standard' bending ones.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Alex_O wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:18 am IIRC the adaptive shadow was offered as part of a saf3ety package when I ordered mine. Went with the 'standard' bending ones.
As jamie307 said, XC40 doesn’t offer adaptive shadow headlight technology. I was also confused about this at the time of my order since the XC40 online car configurator was showing a video demo for bending headlights package with adaptive shadow. The dealer later explained the video in the configurator was not for XC40, saving me from a major disappointment. Today, C40 Recharge offers led-matrix technology that hopefully will be included in the upcoming XC40 facelift.
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

eugen61 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:45 pm
Alex_O wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:18 am IIRC the adaptive shadow was offered as part of a saf3ety package when I ordered mine. Went with the 'standard' bending ones.
As jamie307 said, XC40 doesn’t offer adaptive shadow headlight technology. I was also confused about this at the time of my order since the XC40 online car configurator was showing a video demo for bending headlights package with adaptive shadow. The dealer later explained the video in the configurator was not for XC40, saving me from a major disappointment. Today, C40 Recharge offers led-matrix technology that hopefully will be included in the upcoming XC40 facelift.
Ah, I was misled by the video. Apologies.