Range - Volvo XC 40 Recharge vs E-tron vs others

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
coolshades

Post by coolshades »

i am likely to dip my toes in EVs by buying a SUV this year.

i am looking at Volvo Recharge, E-Tron, I-Pace, VW ID.4 primarily.

i drive long distances. pre-pandemic, i used to do 800 miles a week, twice a month, mostly motorway driving, and 2-3 300+ miles driving holidays. we are a family of 3 adults, with one of them being 6,ft 2, do headroom and leg room, especially at the back, is important.

i would love owner's opinions on real world range experiences and how the Volvo XC40 Recharge stacks up against other SUVs.

what do you like of the Volvo Recharge vs what don't you like?

thanks in advance

alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

Don't rule out the Ford Mustang Mach-E.

I have both an XC40 (ICE) and the Mach-E and it's plenty roomy.

My XC40 is still fairly new, but when looking to replace it, I may look at the Recharge (whilst keeping the Mach-E)

My family are also quite tall....with exception to the wife!!
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

coolshades wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:14 am i am looking at Volvo Recharge, E-Tron, I-Pace, VW ID.4 primarily. i would love owner's opinions on real world range experiences and how the Volvo XC40 Recharge stacks up against other SUVs.
Check this YouTube channel, it has detailed range test videos on all electric models: https://youtube.com/user/bjornnyland
coolshades

Post by coolshades »

alanplum241276 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:43 am Don't rule out the Ford Mustang Mach-E.

My XC40 is still fairly new, but when looking to replace it, I may look at the Recharge (whilst keeping the Mach-E)

when did you book the Mustang? the dealer says the lead time is over six months. how are you finding it? i believe the range is very good.
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

coolshades wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:59 pm
alanplum241276 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:43 am Don't rule out the Ford Mustang Mach-E.

when did you book the Mustang? the dealer says the lead time is over six months. how are you finding it? i believe the range is very good.
I can see you have now posted in the Mach-E forum.

Depends on which one you get. Get an RWD ER, and you can get 370 miles out of it.
Other end of the scale is what I have, AWD SR and you get 240 miles.

You can order a mustang online from Ford and have it in 2 weeks......

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-and-l ... ach-E,ASAP

One of the best cars I have ever driven!!!
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
coolshades

Post by coolshades »

alanplum241276 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:12 pm
coolshades wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:59 pm

I can see you have now posted in the Mach-E forum.

Depends on which one you get. Get an RWD ER, and you can get 370 miles out of it.
Other end of the scale is what I have, AWD SR and you get 240 miles.

You can order a mustang online from Ford and have it in 2 weeks......

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-and-l ... ach-E,ASAP

One of the best cars I have ever driven!!!
honestly, the Mach E wasn't in my short list at all until you replied!!! i searched the Mach E forum and posted there.

if i can ask, which other electric SUVs did you compare? the AWD seems to be the one that is quickly available. what real world range are you getting?
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

Around 220 miles depending on how I drive it. Normally not slow!!!

I looked at the ID4 and XC40 recharge but I couldn’t part with the money for the XC40. I still think it’s way too expensive for what it is (considering I have the T4 ICE already)