Volvo on call button in car

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Beyond calling for breakdown help, does this button offer anything else. I’m thinking like the BMW concierge service where you can call for help with a wider range of things you can’t be bothered to do. Not essential by any means but handy for the lazy.

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Press it briefly to call customer services if you have questions about the car, apparently. Never tried it myself.
https://support.volvocars.com/uk/cars/p ... 725fa18823

Feel free to report back if you try it. :D
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Jrfrost

Post by Jrfrost »

i was told its a full concierge service, so book hotel get directions etc.

Not tried it though :)

J
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

I used it to obtain the pin required to set up Volvo on Call app, seemed to contact just general Volvo help line. Didn't get the feeling of a full concierge line but could be wrong!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I'd think "car related" stuff - Yes. Finding e.g a plumber - No.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

Yeah I called it to get my phone app working. Took ages for them to answer though!
XC40 T5 First Edition | Black Stone | 19" Wheels | Flame Thrower | Tow Bar
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Has anyone used this for anything productive?

I tried using it to get directions to my satnav but they were useless. I gave up after a couple of mins on hold and programmed it myself, much quicker!
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
BJG

Post by BJG »

Hi anyone had an issue where Volvo On Call is working but the button in the vehicle is not. When I press for 2 secs it just gives a message to press for 2 secs. It was working on my XC40 but now isn't so wonder if it's something I have done.
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

Here is Volvo's description of OnCall:

Customer care centre
With Volvo On Call you can experience the relief of having instant knowledge and personal support at the touch of a button (available in certain markets). If you are driving in heavy city traffic looking for a nice café or restaurant, or other point of interest, for example – just press the On Call button in the car to get in touch with a Volvo On Call operator. Tell the operator what you’re looking for, and in seconds your Sensus navigation system starts to guide you to the location. Maybe you want to call somebody but don’t know the number? Press the button, and the Volvo On Call operator will send you the number or connect you instantly. Volvo On Call is like having a personal assistant by your side, 24/7.