Rear Camera Stopped Working

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Atticus

Post by Atticus »

Hi All,

Quite new here........Had my new XC40 (Inscription) a couple of weeks now. It's great but there are a couple of niggly things that are bothering me. I did want the 360 degree camera but it would have been a wait probably into next year, so I forwent that and have just got the reversing camera..........I am currently on holiday and this has stopped working today. I have tried to get it booked in for someone to have a look at in the local Volvo service centre to where I'm staying (Poole, Dorset) but they can't fit me in, so probably have to wait til I get home at the end of August, as we are going to Cornwall next week and are miles away from a registered Volvo dealer..............long shot....but I wondered if anyone else had also experienced this problem of the rear camera stopping working and if there was a quick fix or whether I might have done something stupid (Volvo In Car have told me I can't have inadvertently turned it off, so I'm guessing it's a problem that will need fixing by servicing but you never know........)

The other niggling issue is with internet/Spotify. I had eventually managed to get connected to the internet via Bluetooth on my phone and everything was working well (I only have the Volvo app and Spotify and both were working fine). Now I can't get Spotify to connect via hotspot or Bluetooth and it says "No Internet" even on the occasions when I do have web connection and the Volvo app is working fine (I don't have a spare SIM to test the in car modem). All very frustrating. What do people suggest as the best and most stable way of connecting.....presumably in car modem?

Thanks in advance,

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

If you have a Spotify subscription you should be able to connect using the car app, assuming you have the globe in the top left of the Sensus display showing the car is connected to the internet. Or you should be able to connect your phone to the cars wifi, again if the globe is showing. It sounds like you may not have the globe.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Atticus, the rear camera is fed via fuse 69 under the passenger seat. Might be worth a try...
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Atticus

Post by Atticus »

Thanks Greggspies, I didn't know that. I'll take a look in the daylight.