Vodafone SIM setup crib sheet

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pwliv

Post by pwliv »

don't think that is enough to make me join Facebook!
Paul
Denim Blue T3 Momentum auto (2021), Pilot assist, Climate, Parking assist

DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

Any reason the info in FB 'Files' can't be posted here?

This forum can take text and pictures, which should cover everything.

I'm certainly not going to join FB to learn how to activate a Volvo SIM card, which I could already do by searching here.

I'm sure I've seen at least two full and complete guides posted here already. If anyone is stuck, just ask and someone will dig out a reference.
MY2020 R-Design
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

The crib sheet is not the whole story. Before that procedure will work a correct APN address has to be entered. I believe this has to be done by the dealer and it was suggested in the FB posts that some dealers have been using an incorrect address, resulting in failure to complete the process, A recent experience of a new XC40 owner (not me) was dismal. After too many failed attempts she bought a Three data SIM, which worked immediately - as has been recommended by several posters on this forum.
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Does anyone know If I get the "free" Vodaphone Sim with my new car do I have to activate it straight away only I still have 12 months to run on my 24 months of my 3 With Legs?
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

You still get a Vodafone SIM Wedgie. I'd be inclined to ask the dealer to hand it over and keep it somewhere safe until next year!
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Thanks Gregg that was my thoughts too.