3 SIM card with legs

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Donaldo

Post by Donaldo »

Firstly, apologies if answered previously, a search has not revealed the answer. I have just inserted the 3 sim, as above, my car recognised it insofar as a welcome message was read to me. My phone connects showing a WiFi connection to my car, but, no globe appears. Could not obtain a web page via my phone. Requesting advice as to what I should do now. TIA.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Are you in a 3 coverage area? take a drive and see if it connects
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Donaldo

Post by Donaldo »

Thanks is my intention to do that. No Carer for my wife so will be tomorrow now.
Donaldo

Post by Donaldo »

According to 3, their map shows excellent coverage inside and out, having searched by postcode. I have taken a pic of my in car display but need advice how to post it. Sorry people.
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Do you need to create an account, to use this sim??
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

No account needed for the 3 sim, it just worked for me.
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.
Alexandrovich

Post by Alexandrovich »

Having read the comments about sim cards, I bought the 3 sim from Amazon and fitted it into the slot, ticked the box on settings for web and it worked striaght away, no sign in etc. Found the various comments on here about the 3 sim deal really helpful, so big thanks for that. There's some YouTube video's about sim card set up also.
Volvo XC40 T4 MY20 FWD Inscription Pro, Onyx Black, Blond interior, Winter Pack, Tempra Spare, Privacy Glass, Mudflaps, Dashcam and Reversing Camera. AutoGlym LifeShine.
DrSaint

Post by DrSaint »

Feeling rather dim. My Vodafone sim will run out next month. Which 3 SIM card would be the best value to replace it? Thanks for advice.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Make sure it is a data only SIM. Used to be called "Internet with legs" and available from amazon or argos as well as other places. If you use the apps a great deal in the car...listen to streaming music then you might eat through the data...so go for one of the higher gigabit sim cards. Otherwise if you only use it for live traffic and downloading maps then a 12GB might be ok to last 24 months. Think I went for a 24GB and now on my second one.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

DrSaint wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:06 pm Feeling rather dim. My Vodafone sim will run out next month. Which 3 SIM card would be the best value to replace it? Thanks for advice.
Search for “ Three Mobile Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband 24 GB data SIM” on Amazon, it’s £44 at the moment.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.