Delivery Times for XC40 Recharge Twin full electric

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Hi, am new to Volvo and this forum. Has anybody ordered the Recharge Twin full electric? If so, what kind of delivery timeframes have you been given? I placed an order (outright purchase, Pro trim level) in late June, but getting accurate, concrete information has been a nightmare. The guy at the dealer told me that it could be as little as a month if it was a stock car, or 'later' (helpful...) if not. I didn't hear anything for a week after ordering online, so called Care by Volvo. They told me 4-5 months, could be affected by the chip shortage. Subsequently told that it would not affected by ship shortage, and then told by someone else at CbV that it might be affected, but 3-4 months if not. Most recent info is build between 31/10 and 14/11 (only got this info after going through a complaints process). This is problematic since from late September will need a reliable car for commuting until delivery. Looking at INTO for short term rentals. Anybody have experience with them or other similar companies?

It turns out that the only 1 month delivery cars are available on the subscriptions, and then only some Core models and one Plus model (black). Unless you enter the website in the right way, you do not get this information.

It appears to me that the introduction of CbV online ordering has led to a worse customer experience. The dealers are cut out of most of the process and have no real incentive as far as I can tell to be proactive - and don't have enough information. The dealer does not have my order details, and apparently won't get that until much closer to delivery (although CbV says something different). The dealer said that if I was purchasing a car through them, they might have been able to provide a loaner (although none available at the moment), but now with CbV, it is Volvo who should deal with this. CbV of course sends me back to the dealer. I have provided extensive feedback to CbV on changes they need to make to their website and other procedures to provide greater clarity for customers. At this point, it seems they really only want to do the subscriptions - not outright purchases.

Lots of other issues because of lack of communication between CbV and dealers, and am currently deciding whether to continue my order. But would be interested to hear other people's experiences.

trignflo

Post by trignflo »

I’ve got a P8 on CBV, I agree about the lack of information, I ordered in October for a car than eventually arrived in June (which tied in with my current Volvo end of PCP) however info flow was poor. Relied on On call App for build status, but then overnight got a phone call from insurance side to get details for the free month of insurance, before any other notification that car has been built. My trusted dealer, only knew when an email arrived, they didn’t register the personalised plate correctly and following a drop in monthly rental they’ve struggled to sort that out as well. The concept of monthly rental is very good and is why I’m happy to stay at present but I know I can step out with three months notice. I really like the car, but there are a lot more options out there for BEV’s now but again none with the flexibility the CBV offers.

To summarise a lot of work to do for the customer experience, won’t replace that dealer relationship but the program (And Car) suit my current circumstances.

Trignflo
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Glad to hear that you like the car. Can I ask what seat covering you have? I ordered the leather, which is what was on the test vehicle. Am considering changing the order to the textile seats, but have not been able to see those seats.
Daniel.w.leigh

Post by Daniel.w.leigh »

The problem is that you've ordered the Pro...

I wanted to order a Pro, but there are specific microchip shortages in the Harmon Kardon sound system, and the Blind Spot Monitor system (both exclusive to the Pro), which means they're likely to be Nov/Dec for delivery.

I was lucky enough that my supplying Retailer was able to find a leftover 2021 First Edition (identical to the Pro, but in the Bursting Blue colour which is now deleted) which they allowed me to have, otherwise I would have waited for a Pro. Too much essential kit in the Pro, like the aforementioned Harmon Kardon, and Adaptive Cruise etc. Good luck!
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

Yes. Harmon Kardon was the one thing I really wanted. The other things are nice to have (sun roof not too fussed about, but my wife liked the idea), so decided to go for Pro and pay the extra, even though given the option would have just added the stereo as an extra. Of course, no mention of these issues when at the dealer...
Daniel.w.leigh

Post by Daniel.w.leigh »

Sadly dealers don't always know, and things are changing so quickly from week-to-week with this microchip shortage, that they're scared of giving incorrect information! I have a contact at Volvo UK who gave me the most up to date info. If you ordered a Plus, you'd get it within a month, but as you say, lots of things on the Pro which I think are essential on a car at this price point! It's not like the Plus is even that much cheaper...
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

I was told subsequently by CbV that only subscription cars could be delivered within a month (mine is an outright purchase).
SussexVolvoDriver

Post by SussexVolvoDriver »

I ordered mine (Pro, on subscription) in June. Dealer has absolutely no clue when it will be ready but recently guesstimated March. Volvo Online has also been less than helpful. The app has been telling me December, this has now slipped to January so I'm not holding out much hope of receiving it until Spring 2022.
EJJ92

Post by EJJ92 »

Ordered mine right at the end of July (Plus model) and I am picking it up on Saturday.
qrt31

Post by qrt31 »

EJJ92 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:14 pm Ordered mine right at the end of July (Plus model) and I am picking it up on Saturday.
Wow, that's two months less than fir my Pro (assuming it is indeed delivered in a month, which I am not confident of since dates keep moving). I wonder why - maybe the extras on the Pro - e.g. BLIS.