Piglet assist in outside lane of duel cartridge way.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

Hi

This is a great feature. But does anyone else find that while tracking in the outside lane of a duel cartridgeway the car tends to hug left a little which of course puts you quite close to the lorry’s in the inside lane!

A assume there is no way of adjusting this?

Regards

A
XC40 Inscription
T5 Hybrid - Red
Drivers Pack
Tow Bar

scol

Post by scol »

Does piglet assist turn you into a road hog (sorry, could not resist). I find that it depends upon the width of the carriageway, when they are wide, it tends to gravitate towards the left, I do not think you can adjust it.
March 2021 B4 AWD R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the toys.
AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

Oh wow yes good old auto correct! I did mean Pilot!
XC40 Inscription
T5 Hybrid - Red
Drivers Pack
Tow Bar
scol

Post by scol »

If it is taking you too close to traffic in the left hand lane, may be worth having your dealer check and if necessary recalibrate it, I have had this function in two Audi's and a VW prior to the Volvo and none are what I would call perfect, for me it works really well in slow moving traffic but is less useful in faster conditions with regard to steering inputs, the ACC works great though but it is no Tesla :-)
March 2021 B4 AWD R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the toys.
papalimafoxtrot

Post by papalimafoxtrot »

Spellchecker strikes again😂
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

ANdrewC, as topic creator you should be able to modify the title to correct it.

Yes I too find that an issue. It claims to hold it in the centre, but it's offset to the left a touch.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=276&hilit=Pilot+assist#p1935

Ancient but maybe useful thread from 2018. I spoke about right or left side “hugging” depending on right or left hand bends.

Also includes ref. to a calibration service.

PS Liked the auto corrections! Would love to see those duelling cartridges.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

AndrewC wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:09 pm Hi

This is a great feature. But does anyone else find that while tracking in the outside lane of a duel cartridgeway the car tends to hug left a little which of course puts you quite close to the lorry’s in the inside lane!

A assume there is no way of adjusting this?

Regards

A
Did you have a service recently by any chance?

I have the same issue, pilot become unusable after the service and software updates!

It not just tent to drive you left, but also onto the marking. Then lane correction kick in to correct the car and get it back to the lane. It looks like it is a separate routine and runs independently.
It is not pilot itself that corrects the car, as when it happens steering wheel vibrate.

Before the software updates - I did enjoy using pilot!
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Ask the dealer to re- calibrate.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o