Best/most useful aftermarket accessory.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
joeldram

Post by joeldram »

I know this isn’t quite an after-market accessory but if you have the convenience pack and no spare wheel, there is a load of good stuff to buy and store under the boot’s floor. I have a car hoover that plugs into the ‘cigarette lighter’ socket in the boot (it’s a dyson-style bagless one with a v long cord so you can do the whole car). I also keep an umbrella under there, and a picnic blanket too!

I’ve got myself some of the screen protectors but not fitted them yet. Will do so this week before a long road trip.
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.

skimm

Post by skimm »

Retractable towbar - if you have the need for it, then it's a really good upgrade, and can be a retrofit.

Not really aftermarket accessory but.. - Rain-X 2in1 Glass cleaner & rain repellant - use it to wash your windows and the hydrophobic coating is really handy.
Not really aftermarket accessory but.. - if you have access to a good detailer then protective coating for the bodywork - the car just does not get dirty any more! Check out Gtechnik Crystal Serum

Mudguards mentioned earlier - a must!
T5 Twin Engine Plug-in Hybrid, R-Design Pro, Crystal White, Intellisafe Pro, Convenience Pack, Xenium Pack, Winter Plus Pack. Sensus Connect with H&K Sound System, Foldable Tow Bar Feb-20
---

Post by --- »

-Matt 8.7” screen protector (2x pack, from 24ProtectionFilms EBay)

No more glossy fingerprints all over the touch screen!

- cargo mat (rubber / plastic style) - also EBay. Surprisingly good.
MY21 XC40 T5 Twin Engine Recharge
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
(MY20 XC40 T4 Inscription, rejected & now returned!)
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

After dropping a prawn from a sandwich between my seat and the centre console, and never even seeing it to get it out, I have bought 'seat gap catcher filler storage
box holders' for my new B4. Cost around £6.50. Incidentally despite the hot weather we had, I never smelt the prawn fortunately!