Apple CarPlay Questions…

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

DADDY KOOL wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:12 am Sorry to put the above post on this thread ,but can't see how to start a new thread!!!
Scroll down to Volvo XC40 forum area. Choose a section like Main Volvo xc40 chat. Then click New topic.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022

tonyfromkirkby

Post by tonyfromkirkby »

I puchast the carline 3 from Amazon and some days it works and some days it comes up with unable to Conect, and incompatible divide, I will give it a few more days and see how it goes.
I will delete it and start again see how it goes.

Tony
chris blackmore

Post by chris blackmore »

This great blog http://appletechtalk.com/carlinkit-wire ... y-adapter/ recommends carlinkit 3.0(https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/c ... ry-carplay) and I ordered it last week, looking forward to my package.
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

I've had my XC40 for 5 months now and have only just started using Android Auto. It's great to have Google maps, despite the half screen annoyance, as the Volvo Sensus sat nav is absolutely woeful. I live in South Devon and it struggles to recognise the names of many towns and villages in Devon, whereas Google maps finds the lot. Essentially the Volvo built in sat nav just isn't fit for purpose.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

As always it's down to each persons experience, and here in deepest Wales I've never had an issue with the built in maps.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Normal knocking around we use Sensus nav. It's easy. Tap and go. But last week going south on the A1 we passed an horrendous tailback on the northbound following an accident, and used Waze (via Android Auto) to bypass it coming back up. Got us back on the A1 about 200yrds north of the emergency vehicles. I like the user input side of it, and voice search. Shame about the half screen but there you go.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Steker

Post by Steker »

For anyone considering installing Smartphone integration it’s currently on offer at dealerships for £240
MY19 Inscription D3 AWD. Pine grey, Winter pack, Comfort pack.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Mikeg1 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:58 am Normal knocking around we use Sensus nav. It's easy. Tap and go. But last week going south on the A1 we passed an horrendous tailback on the northbound following an accident, and used Waze (via Android Auto) to bypass it coming back up. Got us back on the A1 about 200yrds north of the emergency vehicles. I like the user input side of it, and voice search. Shame about the half screen but there you go.
Waze is the best when it comes to bypassing heavy traffic zones, but in order to work properly it requires a critical mass of users on the road. In some countries Waze is very popular allowing the algorithm to calculate the fastest route based on hundreds of “beacons” that are smart phones running the Waze app. Waze also allows user input about speed traps, accidents, road hazards thus making it even more useful.

When launching Waze there’s a notification about number of users nearby. If that number is in triple digits you can definitely trust Waze over Sensus navigation.
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Indeed. My use is in the West Yorkshire conurbation, or A1/M62/M1. Plenty of Wazers 👍🏻
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21