Apple CarPlay Questions…

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
T4_recharge_guy

Post by T4_recharge_guy »

Hmm, I bought a Selekt XC40 in June 2021 - it was first registered in Dec 2020. I have three questions:
1. Should my Volvo have come with a SIM installed? (It was previously used for demos and courtesy car at the dealership)
2. If so, can I get the SIM from any Volvo dealership, or would I have to get it from the one that I bought the car from as that is quite a long way away.
3. Any advice on what to say / quote for how to approach the dealership about this, or should I contact Volvo customer service which is centralised?

Thanks in advance.

AndyDStone

Post by AndyDStone »

@m@rk
Thank you for the comprehensive post.👍🏻

I won’t comment on how clean your car interior is, as I generally wait for a service, and let the dealer valet it! 🙄 As my car is yet to be built (it was ordered on 01/06/21), I assume it will come with CarPlay installed by the factory, but maybe wrong…
Kind regards
Andy
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I dunno about your car, but CarPlay/Android Auto was dealer fit on mine...
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

T4_recharge_guy, the P-sim is an offer by Volvo and Vodafone for new car customers and lasts for 12 months. It might be one was installed in your car when new - it has to be registered to a user at the time, but even if it had been left in the car it would only have 5 months to run now. After the 12 months Vodafone offer to renew for money but many people seem to source a cheaper SIM elsewhere instead. You could try asking for one from the dealer you bought the car from - you never know you might get lucky, but unfortunately I don't think you can insist.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

My dealer said Apple CarPlay is always fitted at the dealer and never at the factory.
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

I have just bought a 8 month old R Design,as has been shared on here I bought a 3 data only sim from Amazon and put in the holder in the boot,I already have a Volvo ID which you link to the car,just had to phone dealer for PIN to finish set up,in the car says subscription expires in 2 years 4 months or so, I think ? Internet bit dependent on signal but been ok so far.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Snow man wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:02 pm I have just bought a 8 month old R Design,as has been shared on here I bought a 3 data only sim from Amazon and put in the holder in the boot,I already have a Volvo ID which you link to the car,just had to phone dealer for PIN to finish set up,in the car says subscription expires in 2 years 4 months or so, I think ? Internet bit dependent on signal but been ok so far.
Volvo Cars app, formerly known as VOC, uses a factory embedded SIM with a multi-year subscription, that’s what you see expiring 2 years 4 months from now. Volvo Cars app data (parking climate, remote start, car unlock, driving journal, car information, etc) goes through the factory embedded SIM as long as Volvo Cars app subscription is active.

Personal data SIM (PSIM) is needed for connecting Sensus apps and navigation to the internet. The expiration of PSIM subscription and data plan can be checked with the carrier (3 in your case).
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Many thanks eugen61,only thing I couldn't find was remote start,saw an option to revert to previous home screen and there it is,guess it's somewhere under climate ? Anyway sorry if this is under the wrong thread.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Snow man wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:02 pm Many thanks eugen61,only thing I couldn't find was remote start,saw an option to revert to previous home screen and there it is,guess it's somewhere under climate ? Anyway sorry if this is under the wrong thread.
Remote start was moved under Climate with two options, Now and Timers. Choose Now, Leave In x min, Start.
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Thank you again eugen61