Is there a chance I won’t get my car?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bob

Post by Bob »

Shaenei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:58 am
chingf0rd wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:42 am ...if mine arrives in June as a 19MY FE, it will be interesting to see what the V5 says. The chances are that it says R-Design rather than FE. I posted some screenshots of the order system and the code may help decipher what you are getting - pjm007 helped me on another thread where he identified ‘RJ’ as being a FE and ‘R5’ as a R-Design.
What does your paperwork say? Does it specify FE like mine does?
A6C8E26B-F3F7-49F8-B549-6C7F969016F7.jpeg
My Paperwork looks exactly like yours (as it's the same spec) except it doesn't mention Premium Metallic Paint under Factory options. I ordered mine on 24 February. There was a delay of two weeks before Volvo processed the order whilst they decided if they were going to produce more FEs, therefore I believe mine is also an MY19.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)

Bob

Post by Bob »

chingf0rd wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:42 am ...if mine arrives in June as a 19MY FE, it will be interesting to see what the V5 says. The chances are that it says R-Design rather than FE. I posted some screenshots of the order system and the code may help decipher what you are getting - pjm007 helped me on another thread where he identified ‘RJ’ as being a FE and ‘R5’ as a R-Design.
Yes, I'll be interested what mine says too.
I'll not be happy if it's described as an R-Design as it's second hand value is likely to be much less than that of an FE, since the value will be based on the original, basic value of a new car, with very little consideration being given to the cost of extras. For example, the current new price of the basic R-Design T5 is £35,420, whereas the FE T5 was £40,055, therefore you can expect the second hand values of the two cars to have a similar percentage price difference.

Can anybody who has taken delivery of an FE answer the following:

Does the V5 document state the car is an FE?
What is the badge on the rear of the car FE or R-Design?
What does it say on the rear side pillars, where the black meets the chosen colour, FE or R-Design?
In fact, is there any reference to R-Design anywhere on the car or are they all FE?

Cheers

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
billdun

Post by billdun »

Does the V5 document state the car is an FE?
What is the badge on the rear of the car FE or R-Design?
What does it say on the rear side pillars, where the black meets the chosen colour, FE or R-Design?
In fact, is there any reference to R-Design anywhere on the car or are they all FE?
V5 states First Edition
All badgeing is R-Design
Bill
XC40 First Edition D4, Bright Silver
Bob

Post by Bob »

billdun wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:34 am V5 states First Edition
All badgeing is R-Design
Bill
Interesting, and helpful, thanks Bill
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Bob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:58 am
billdun wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:34 am V5 states First Edition
All badgeing is R-Design
Bill
Interesting, and helpful, thanks Bill
Mine's the same as Bills, the only place it references 'FE' is on the V5 and PCP paperwork.

Worth noting that in the initial brochures, the FE was linked to the R Design pro as a base anyway.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

To be honest I don't mind what it's called as long as it has all the features at the discounted price (about 10%) if you spec up an R Design.
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

If you've got first edition on your order paperwork I'd expect the v5 to match our you could argue they haven't provided you the car you'd ordered.

As mentioned previously I'd expect the first edition to hold value better than a R Design Pro
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October