Is there a chance I won’t get my car?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Think we’ll all be ok. They’re probably covering their back as I’m sure there is the odd rare occasion where they can’t fulfill an order.

Famandy

Post by Famandy »

My order was placed on 20th Feb and still not had an order number from the dealer nor anything to confirm colour etc etc, just a 2 liner e-mail to say finance for the PCP had been accepted so that I qualify for the additional £1,500 contribution and 3 years free servicing deal.

Delivery is hoped for in June but could be July and have had verbal assurance over the phone from the Sales Manager that I will get a MY19 FE with First Edition on the V5C (have those who have an FE already - does your V5C say First Edition XC40?) and that it will have headlamp washers.
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Famandy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:15 pm
..... I will get a MY19 FE with First Edition on the V5C (have those who have an FE already - does your V5C say First Edition XC40?) ......

Yes - the V5C does confirm First Edition. Photo follows. But just to repeat something I mentioned in another thread, I don’t believe there is such a thing as a MY19 FE. They are all MY18/18.5.

0056EEFB-8DB4-42BA-93E8-6DC17DBE6B3D.jpeg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

I think there's a chance I won't get my car.

I attended the launch event (nice canapes) and was told at the event there were no cars available. A week later a salesperson called to get feedback on the event and asked if I needed any help. I said on the basis there are no cars I'm not sure if there was any point so the call ended. About 5 minutes later the sales manager called and said he'd been able to find me a car so I booked a test drive for the following day, 1st March, and ordered one immediately on return to the showroom and paid a deposit. After I signed/paid the sales manager said the one he'd found for me had now gone but he's received assurance from the regional Volvo manager that my order would be fulfilled because they'd re-opened the order book. All sounded a bit dubious.

Friday I got a call saying all First Edition orders would be fulfilled by June but there was nothing on the system yet. Salesperson did say that customers that had configured non First Edition cars were showing on the system for November so I did question how later build cars got on the systems before earlier build cars. Didn't get an answer.

The whole ordering process seems shrouded in mystery.
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
Waggatron

Post by Waggatron »

If it's any consolation it's exactly the same with the XC60.

I ordered a MY19 XC60 on the 9th March and have an order number (had a copy of the order form from the dealer). However, the factory are still working through the pool of MY19 orders as they gear up for production (due to start on MY19 XC60 23rd April) and so I to am awaiting factory acceptance and build date.

Hang in there......
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

My order has now been confirmed as ‘accepted’ by Volvo. So it does seem that Volvo have a right to cancel orders up until you are given acceptance??? I agree with Markerty, the whole process is not very clear. Can’t see how mine will be an FE with a delivery time of October but if they try to pass anything else my way, it’ll be rejected.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Beeko Bill wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:03 pm My order has now been confirmed as ‘accepted’ by Volvo. So it does seem that Volvo have a right to cancel orders up until you are given acceptance??? I agree with Markerty, the whole process is not very clear. Can’t see how mine will be an FE with a delivery time of October but if they try to pass anything else my way, it’ll be rejected.
The FE is just an R-Design Pro with all the options boxes ticked so there’s no reason why Volvo can’t supply you an XC40 to FE spec at any time. The FE doesn’t have any special badging.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

...if mine arrives in June as a 19MY FE, it will be interesting to see what the V5 says. The chances are that it says R-Design rather than FE. I posted some screenshots of the order system and the code may help decipher what you are getting - pjm007 helped me on another thread where he identified ‘RJ’ as being a FE and ‘R5’ as a R-Design.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

chingf0rd wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:42 am ...if mine arrives in June as a 19MY FE, it will be interesting to see what the V5 says. The chances are that it says R-Design rather than FE. I posted some screenshots of the order system and the code may help decipher what you are getting - pjm007 helped me on another thread where he identified ‘RJ’ as being a FE and ‘R5’ as a R-Design.
What does your paperwork say? Does it specify FE like mine does?

A6C8E26B-F3F7-49F8-B549-6C7F969016F7.jpeg

XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

Mine says 19MY First Edition (replacement for 18MY First Edition) on their system but I don't have the updated paperwork (I still have the original paperwork for my order from late January which was cancelled and replaced by another order in late February since Volvo ran out of parts and tried to fob me off with a car that was not to spec).

If you can find the vehicle reference, that would be good:

Mine says: 53613R50C215.

As far as we know, this can be broken down as follows:
536 = XC40
13 = T5 AWD
R5 = R-Design
0 = Body code
C = Automatic
215 = RHD steering code

On delivered First Editions, an example code has been seen as: 536A6RJ0C215

536 = XC40
A6 = D4 AWD
RJ = First Edition
0 = Body code
C = Automatic
215 = RHD steering code

(The thread discussing it is here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=298)

It maybe that you have 19" wheels and missing headlamp washers and hence one of the last proper First Editions? I guess we will know when we actually see our vehicles!
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018