Is there a chance I won’t get my car?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Hi All,

Order a FE car about as late as it was possible to order it just over 3 weeks ago. My dealership gives me updates weekly but is using terminology like ‘waiting to be allocated and approved by Volvo’ which to me suggests uncertainty about whether I’ll get the car. As I’ve signed all the pcp paperwork and put down a £1k deposit, is it just a matter of waiting (possibly a long time) or do they have the right to cancel on me?

Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Have to admit that with those carefully chosen words then it feels uncertain (the order books for the FE were only extended for a short period) - Hoe you get what ordered....
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
Bob

Post by Bob »

If I remember correctly the order book for the FE was extended to 16 March, just over three weeks after the official launch. Any ordered on or before that date should, I believe, be OK.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Definitely ordered before the deadline so fingers crossed. Might be Volvo terminology.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered mine two days after the official launch on Saturday 24th February. The dealer didn't take a deposit at the time as he wasn't sure if the order would be accepted. He checked the order regularly, and it was sat on the system awaiting processing for just over a week until Volvo made the decision (sometime during the week commencing 5th March) to keep the FE order book open for a short time during which they would fulfil any orders placed for the FE. The dealer telephoned me on the 9th of March to give me this news and took my deposit of £1,000 at the time.

I took the FE for a test drive on 12th March and, from what I remember, I was told then that they were taking orders until the end of the week, which is where I got the 16th of March as the last day of orders.

I'm still not sure if the order has been processed by Volvo Head Office yet, I've not asked. However, I have asked about estimated delivery date, my salesman advised that the cars ordered 2 days before mine had been given dates in May, he thought he may be able to get more of an idea about my delivery date after Easter, but I suspect it will be sometime in June.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Ordered mine on 11th march, dealer has given me no indication that I won't get the FE model. All paperwork is signed so surely once the paperwork is signed they're duty bound to provide you with the car in the contract otherwise they've be in breach of it
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Shaenei wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:27 pm Ordered mine on 11th march, dealer has given me no indication that I won't get the FE model. All paperwork is signed so surely once the paperwork is signed they're duty bound to provide you with the car in the contract otherwise they've be in breach of it
I ordered my FE on the same date as you, not heard anything at all from the dealer since then...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

I ordered my FE in late January with a 2k deposit and also an accepted order number. The day before the launch, the dealer told me I would not get the spec I asked for (20" wheels) and also without the headlamp cleaners. I refused the order and complained. The following day, after the launch day, the dealer told me I would be getting a MY19 FE with my correct spec. I would hope that customers who wanted a FE but ordered late Feb/early March will get their FE but delivery won't be until early June. I have an order number and the estimated delivery date, but no VIN so there's no build yet.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

I ordered mine on 14th March - the dealer I got it from sent out a message on Carwow on the 10th talking about extended order books til that day, and told me that he'd taken 14 orders in the time between. He had til Fri 16th to log them with Volvo.

I've got a screenshot of the order in Volvo's system (I changed colour), and he said to expect delivery late June/early July, and would be in touch when a build date was allocated.
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
Switching from: Seat Leon
rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

I chased my order today and apparently its not yet been confirmed by the factory.

I placed my order two days before the extended cut off for the FE ended so I’m a little bit disappointed it’s not been made official yet. I’ve paid the deposit too
XC40 D4 Auto First Edition, Crystal White, Lava Orange, 20" Alloys, Polestar - Ordered 14/3/18 - Delivery 6/10/18