Thought I was doomed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

So the last few days, I have been working out of one of our data centres in the midlands so whilst I have been wearing a jumper to keep warm inside, my car has been cooking outside.

But I have still been feeling really smug by using the remote start option so that even though the thermometer is reading 40 degrees (the real temp was 29 degrees but you know what it's like when a car is stood) my cabin was lovely and cool

But not today

I walked out to my car and I could hear the engine running but must admit on getting in the car, it wasn't icy cold. But I pressed start and drove off down the M6. And it got warmer, and warmer and warmer and no matter what I did the cabin got hotter and hotter. The air blowing through the cabin was clearly just outside air and turning AC on and off on the screen made no difference. I honestly thought I was going to have to abandon the car and call out recovery as my 4 wheel sauna just got hotter and hotter.

So I stopped at the services, popped into Starbucks for something cold and then got back in the car. Sure enough on restart the AC was working just fine with icy cold air blasting through the vents in a matter of moments.

So I have no idea what happened and clearly turning it off and back on again did the trick but I honestly through I was doomed. Really first world problems hey!
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Maybe the car was so hot outside in the sun the computer passed out for a while - a case of complex modern car syndrome I guess, and when you turned the car off and then re-started after a little while the car re-set itself?
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

This happened to me last week. I started the car and the a/c blew out warm air. I drove to the other side of the village. Stopped the car, got out, locked it, unlocked it, got back in and restarted the engine. The a/c worked perfectly then.

The car thermometer was reading 42 when I got in - I'm in the south of France.
XC40 B4 Inscription Pro
Onyx Black
Oxide Red Leather
Driver Assist Package
Versatility Pack
Power Boot
Tempa Spare Wheel
Smart Phone Intergration
Harman Kardon