XC40 Recharge T4 or T5?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Konstantinos

Post by Konstantinos »

Hello!
I have just ordered an XC40 Recharge T4 in Denim blue with sunroof, park assist and Driver Assistance pack.
My question is that is it going to be slower than the T5 version? I have to pay 4.000 euros more for the T5 version. What do you think on it?

Thanks so much!!
XC40 T4 Recharge, Inscription, Denim Blue with sunroof

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Really not worth €4000 unless you will be towing heavy trailers.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Konstantinos, the T4 Recharge is about 1.5 seconds slower from 0 to 100kph at about 8.5 seconds. It uses the same engine as the T5 Recharge but detuned so the total output with the electric motor is 208bhp, compared to the T5’s 258bhp. Both have a top speed limited to 180kph.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Konstantinos

Post by Konstantinos »

Thanks for your replies! About acceleration, is it going to be the same with the T5?
I am asking this because I have read that it uses the same motor with the T2 (129 bhp), so when it won't be in Hybrid mode, then this is going to be a problem?

Thanks!
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Konstantinos, whatever mode you're in. If you push the accelerator to the floor you will get the full power from the engine and the electric motor together.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Konstantinos

Post by Konstantinos »

Thanks for the info Greggspies!
kayadelenium

Post by kayadelenium »

Hi Konstantinos,

Sorry for my late reply, before x-mas I'm very busy and didn't find a chance to look forum. I ordered my car June 3rd and yesterday I got news from my dealer. My car is produced last week and ready to shipment. It will be in Piraeus at end of this month. I'll write my comments after I get it.

P.S. System does not allow me to sent private messages, that's why I'm writing here :D

Best Regards,
XC40 T3 Inscription MY22 | Ice White | Blond interior and Driftwood | Luxury Package, Greece