Floor Mats

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
scol

Post by scol »

Dear All,

Sorry for the boring topic but just wondering if anyone has upgraded their floor mats and if so, where did they source them from. Compared with other cars that I have owned, I find the standard ones a bit utilitarian and lacking the luxury feel that I would expect, I am sure that they are very practical though.

Thanks

Steve
March 2021 B4 AWD R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the toys.

m@rk

Post by m@rk »

I suppose being an SUV, utilitarian is what you need. They certainly seem easy to clean and knowing Volvo, they are probably made our or recycled reindeer or something similar

The only mats I have seen people on here mention are the rubber kind
Last edited by m@rk on Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

T4_recharge_guy

Post by T4_recharge_guy »

Mine came with the carpet ones which I find dirt and stuff tends to stick to, so I bought a set of official volvo rubber (I think they are technically plastic) ones on eBay for around £50 or so. If you are not sure which ones you need for your car you can call your local dealership and ask for the part number and price (list price I think was around £75), and then check for ones with that part number online.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

But the OP wants something more luxurious! The are eBay sellers do custom mats in various quality grades. I would go there and order the thickest/heaviest.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
scol

Post by scol »

Thanks for all of the responses.

I may buy a set of rubber mats for the winter but I do not intend to get too utilitarian with the car so would like a bit of extra luxury over what the standard ones offer.

I have seen several companies offering deep pile aftermarket tailored mats that you can customise with different trim, stitching and logo options, they are not too expensive so I may give them a try, my only concern being that they are secured properly hence looking for anyone with experience to share but I guess that may become me :D

Regards

Steve
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

I used this company when I needed some rubber mats for wet weather, they also supply the boot liners too. They are secured the same way as the OEM mats. Excellent service from a UK based company.
https://www.carmats4u.com/tailored-car- ... wards.html
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
scol

Post by scol »

Thanks Metroman, that was one of the sites that I was looking at so good to hear that you have had a positive experience with them .