No more PHEV build slots till November

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Just had a call from my dealer. Ordered a T5 Inscription Pro on June 30th , he now says they cannot place any more orders until Nov and the order for mine was not placed.

He says he can find me one from another dealer for a cancelled order but it will cost me another £1000!!!

Not a happy Bunny.

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Wedgie, ask other dealers. It maybe your dealer has run out of build slots allocated to him. I know of someone placed an order this week and is told delivery in September.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

So with PlymDave, that's two people ordered this week and given September dates. I would cancel your order and look elsewhere, Wedgie.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Go to a better dealer.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

I told him I was not paying an additional £1000 for their mistake , so the deal was dead. He said he would see what he could do. Funnily enough 30min later he rang back to say they had improved their offer and I could now have the car at the original price. Anyone else think they were trying it on?
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Without doubt your dealer is not to be trusted. I would walk away. If you want a car for September, other dealers will supply you one!
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I didn't want a factory build, I wanted a stock car. First dealer said they could find one, until I said that I'd press the button, when it d.. Went to the next nearest, and they found me a car which had exactly the spec (the first one had £1500 worth of kit I didn't want). Car delivered to me about a week later!
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Have you asked other dealers Wedgie?
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

It does sound like the dealer is trying it on. There are many other dealers out there or you could just speak to a broker and let them find you the best deal from a dealer instead.

but remember the XC40 is one of the best selling cars in the UK right now and the PHEV is being snapped up by fleet buyers like crazy. My own fleet team told me the other day that the XC40 is almost at the same levels as the BMW 330e now for fleet sales.

Add to that supply chain issues across the industry and longer lead times aren't going away any time soon
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

AndyDStone

Post by AndyDStone »

@M@rk & @Wedgie
I ordered a T5 R Design Pro on 01/06. This week my dealer (Tollbar Volvo Warwick) has given me a delivery date of 30/11!😡 Main reason being the lack of computer chips which is affecting car production.
Kind regards
Andy