Query re 360 camera

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
CamoTed

Post by CamoTed »

Hi all

My first post here, hope you are all well!

We are currently in negotiations with our local dealer for ordering a new XC40 and in the process of selecting options.

Initially we have chosen the Park Assist pack (front and back sensors + rear camera) and the Climate pack. However having seen a few video demonstrations of the 360 camera it looks incredibly useful so I am considering adding this on.

The MY22 Price and Specification doc the dealer provided me states the 360 camera is only selectable "In combination with Driver Awareness or Driver Assist Pack and Park Assist Pack". I do not have any sort of Driver Awareness/Assist option but the dealer has still added the 360 camera on for approx £500.

Has anyone else got the 360 camera without the awareness packs? It is probably my preference as to keep the costs down but it seems to go against the specification doc. Will of course ask the dealer this at some point but thought I would ask the question here first. Or possibly I'm misunderstanding the specification doc.

Also we have been told delivery will be approx October, does that fall in line with anyone elses experience ordering a new car?

Thank you

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

There's a discussion on here with members feeding back their actual lead times, mine was a week short of 3 months, arrived in march this year.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

They must have given you an outdated printed pricelist, or rather not the latest one released on 1st July.

In this most recent pricelist, linked to from here (Edition 4) it states the 360 camera is only available "in combination with Park Assist Pack."

On previous editions of the MY22 pricelist it did indeed say "In combination with Driver Awareness or Driver Assist Pack and Park Assist Pack", however due to semi-conductor shortages, Driver Awareness and a Driver Assist that incorporates Driver Awareness are no longer available.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Bob

Post by Bob »

I can't answer your question about what packs are required if you get the 360 degree camera as I have a First Edition which came with just about everything that was available at that time. However, out of all the accessories that are fitted, the 360 degree camera is up there at the top of the list as the most useful!
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
FirstTimer

Post by FirstTimer »

Hi, I put in my order for an XC40 Inscription last week - signed paperwork on my lease deal on 28th June, and got the 360 camera as a standalone upgrade as Inscription already comes with Park Assist. Only one dealer was able to offer it to me ahead of the price changes, all the others had their systems stuck, it seems!
XC40 Inscription Auto, MY22, T3, Denim Blue. 360 Camera, Dark Tints, Seat Pack, Smartphone Pack. Was due September 2021, now October, and now end of November, finally January! 6 1/2 months :roll: . New to Volvos :D
Sowfi

Post by Sowfi »

I’m so confused… so I ordered my XC40 inscription at the start of June and was told by my leasing company that he was unable to add a 360 camera to my order due to short supply for parts along with the BLIS-Blind Spot!!
Is he telling me porkies??
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Sowfi wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:09 pm I’m so confused… so I ordered my XC40 inscription at the start of June and was told by my leasing company that he was unable to add a 360 camera to my order due to short supply for parts along with the BLIS-Blind Spot!!
The problem with the shortage is with Driver Awareness (BLIS etc). From the start of this model year the 360 camera was only available with Driver Awareness, this was a commercial decision not a technical one, but it meant that the 360 camera wasn't an option if BLIS wasn't available, hence what you were told in June. However, Volvo seem to have realised that the 360 camera is popular and doesn't require the semiconductors involved with BLIS, so they've now decoupled it and permitted it as a standalone option.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
FirstTimer

Post by FirstTimer »

jamie307 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:39 am
Sowfi wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:09 pm I’m so confused… so I ordered my XC40 inscription at the start of June and was told by my leasing company that he was unable to add a 360 camera to my order due to short supply for parts along with the BLIS-Blind Spot!!
The problem with the shortage is with Driver Awareness (BLIS etc). From the start of this model year the 360 camera was only available with Driver Awareness, this was a commercial decision not a technical one, but it meant that the 360 camera wasn't an option if BLIS wasn't available, hence what you were told in June. However, Volvo seem to have realised that the 360 camera is popular and doesn't require the semiconductors involved with BLIS, so they've now decoupled it and permitted it as a standalone option.
Exactly this. And when I was shopping around in June, only one dealer seemed to have the ability to make the order of the 360 Camera without Driver Awareness for me. Others all said 'computer says no - have to have Driver Awareness' :roll:
XC40 Inscription Auto, MY22, T3, Denim Blue. 360 Camera, Dark Tints, Seat Pack, Smartphone Pack. Was due September 2021, now October, and now end of November, finally January! 6 1/2 months :roll: . New to Volvos :D